I generally agree with the positive reviews already posted. But there are a few items to be aware of:
1) When it says "Internet", it only means wired Ethernet access available. So your smartphone and tablets will not work as there is no wireless. They will provide ethernet cable, but if, like me, you have a MacAir then you need a Firewire-Ethernet dongle. Only other option on the island is to go to the museum cafe (limited opening hours) and pay $.
2) Has heating, but double glass patio doors don't have curtains and the floors are wooden, so in colder months it is not so cosy - make sure you take some slippers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Earl’s Anchorage on World Heritage Listed Lord Howe Island boasts a tranquil, private and central location with convenient and easy access to the main beaches and walks on both sides of spectacular Lord Howe Island. Earls Anchorage is surrounded by the endemic Lord Howe Island Kentia Palms, each bungalow on the six acre property offers absolute privacy to ensure your stay is completely undisturbed. The self-contained bungalow’s are each named after one of Jack Earl’s famous Australian yachts and have been uniquely designed by Arcoessence Architects to take advantage of the sunny (northern) aspect of the property. All six bungalow’s link via boardwalk surrounded by the sub-tropical vegetation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Earl's Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.