“A wasted opportunity”

The Merimbula Lakeview Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merimbula
The Merimbula Lakeview Hotel
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Merimbula
Brisbane, Australia
“A wasted opportunity”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Fantastic views and a warm fire are completely wasted against a backdrop of absent staff, poor wine list, no bar food (vending machine the only option) and a mausoleum like atmosphere. Sadly most of town is firmly shut on a Monday night :-(

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Cruising59

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Check in was friendly, entertaining but chaotic as we were booked in by a cook. Nevertheless, the friendliness made up for any downside! The room was sizeable, clean and had tea / coffee facilities. No wi-Fi available, no safe in the room either. Location was good and has a bar attached. As long as you are 40+ the bar will appeal, there were no younger folk in there and very few women the bar was predominantly all male but we still enjoyed it. We also ate in the restaurant upstairs and the two seafood meals we had were excellent. Overall a very good budget hotel with everything available on site should you need it and only a 100yd walk from the town centre if you want to try somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Mike F
Wodonga, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We recently ate a very enjoyable meal at this pub. We found that the quality of the food was better than your standard hotel meal. One of our group ordered the Beef Cheek. To find that it was outstanding. She said it was probably the best pub meal she had experienced and she's had a few.....and the best beef cheek she had eaten. We recommend The Lakeview Hotel as a pub that serves food more superior than most pubs in the area.

Room Tip: This venue is a pub. Situated at the bottom end of town on the righthand side of the street near the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Roberts247
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed there three nights, it's beds are very comfy if the pillows a bit hard. The staff are friendly and accomodating, nothing is a problem and they even rang me after I left to tell me they'd found a small watch I'd left behind and offered to send it on to me.
The only complaint I had was that they don't offer Wi-Fi internet anywhere on the premises, paid or not. I would happily have paid a fee towards having wi-fi - especially in my room, but at least they have digital TV channels now, last time I went there a few years ago they had very limited TV.. Also, the day I left I had to get up early, before 6am and they couldn't offer me a wake-up call either, but when I did get up (thankfully a friend woke me) the view of the lake from my room was just spectacular!

Room Tip: See if you can get a room with a view, room 1 or 2 are quite good.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sassysophiaau
nsw
Reviewed 18 October 2011

So eaten here a few times both as dinner and lunch and it is always busy and never fails to disappoint. It is nothing flash but the servings are generous, there is an a lot of choice and those views are just to die for. I love having a long leisurely lunch and I manage to get lost in the view. This is something especially great during the day when I would happily eat by myself something I hate doing most of the time but are forced to because most of my travel is for work.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank foodies1
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We ate here on our recent stay to Merimbula and the food was fantastic. Entrees served promptly and with beautiful home made dips and salads. Steak was cooked to perfection and seafood fresh. We weren't sure what the quality was going to be like but was fantastic all round.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy1709
Reading
Reviewed 16 March 2008

This is a great motel/hotel based in Merimbula, on the south coast of New South Wales, not far from a beach with kangaroos and plenty of oyster farms. Our room was very clean and tidy, and had a nice contemporary feel, with a partial view of Merimbula lake. It was excellent value for $79 a night. It has a bistro attached, we had a lovely meal there, slightly pricey but worth it for a one off. We would definitely recommend this as a good place to stay on a trip up the New South Wales coast.

One thing I would mention is there is a beer garden below the rooms, and it was out of season so we didn't have any noise from that...but it might be an issue in the summer I guess (for those that prefer sleeping to drinking!!).

• Liked — Value for money and good location
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple