Sandpiper Holiday Units
Kingfisher Motel(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$94
Comfort Inn Merimbula(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$94
Sapphire Waters Motor Inn(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$64
US$55
Pelican Motor Inn(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$83
Norfolk Pine Motel(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$59
Sea Spray Motel Merimbula(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$118
Summerhill Motor Inn(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$100
Hotels.com
US$111
US$107
  • Pool
Ocean View Motor Inn(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$66
All reviewsfour unitslovely hostsshirleyglennmelbournetowncinemacafes
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed at the Sandpiper Holiday Units for two nights and had a fantastic time! The rooms are large, very clean and quiet. The rooms have a full kitchen, washing machine and Austar. The location is very convenient - walking distance to the shops and clubs and a short drive to the beach.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
sandpiper2548, Owner at Sandpiper Holiday Units, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thanks Andrew for your kind thoughts, hopefully you used our free wi-fi to leave this review before you travelled back home :)

Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed just one night but would have loved it to have been longer. The unit was exceptionlally clean, with everything you could wish for. A small but immaculate heated pool, lovely BBQ area with beautiful garden and lawns. On top of this very friendly hoasts, short walk to the bowling club and shopping centre and great value. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013
sandpiper2548, Owner at Sandpiper Holiday Units, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thanks Colin for your nice review, may see you again another day

Reviewed 7 February 2013

It's our last night here and I wish we could stay longer! Kids loved the puddle and the rooms and kitchen had everything we needed. And the Austar was a big bonus for all! We had a minor problem with the microwave and told the owner and it was fixed up within minutes. And it's off the Main Street so quiet but just a moments walk to town. As a mum doing the cooking I found a nonstick frying pan but no nonstick utensils. After a week here that's the only negative I found. Highly recommend the sandpiper holiday units.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate R
sandpiper2548, Owner at Sandpiper Holiday Units, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

Hi Kate, Thanks for your kind words, Shirls just picked up on the non-stick utensil bit and will rectify asap. Hopefully see you and your family another day. Cheers

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I travelled to the Sapphire Coast for a holiday and was a single traveller. I was a walk-in off the street and the owner (Glenn) told me that it would cost $100/night. As I had driven up from Melbourne, I was pretty tired and exhausted and took the room.

I have posted some of the pictures and the information that they don't tell you about the place for other single travellers like me to know about this place.

All in all, it was a clean place. There was no access to the other bedroom (it was locked), so I cannot provide a review of what it was like. I expected it to be a bit more spacious than it was. I would say if that if you have a large family, it is not exactly the most spacious. For someone who is single, this is fine.

I was very off-put by the other things that you can read on the sign that they put in the front of the fridge. Also, it was very nice that they offered to have milk. The only problem was that they put the jug on the side of the fridge door and when I opened it the first time, the jug and milk spilt everywhere. I didn't have milk for the next day.

As I travel from time to time to the Sapphire Coast, I would only consider this place again if I was going to go with someone else. I would not definitely stay again if I was there for one night by myself.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
sandpiper2548, Owner at Sandpiper Holiday Units, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Thanks for your thoughts on oor property, which may i add is the lowest priced overnight self contained apartment in town. The 2 nd bedroom is locked for the reason that what u pay for is what u get. The note on the fridge door explains to people like yourself who come in of the road that they get a kitchenette not full kitchen on single night stays. I cannot understand the problem with the milk spilling as all guests are asked at checkin if they want milk and when the answer is yes we pour a jug and hand it to them.Since your stay we have installed air-con, new dinig room tables and also have 53 channels of fox-tel. So I apologise for the milk and once again thank you for you review

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We have been staying at Sandpiper Holiday Units for years and we find it a wonderful place for our family to stay when on holiday in Merimbula. Glenn & Shirley are lovely hosts and very hospitable and extremely accommodating - Glenn's always around to have a chat to and find see if we are comfortable and happy. The units were clean and comfortable and had all the modern converniencies required when on holiday. Close to walk to the main shopping strip and to do grocery shopping. Our kids ;love "The Puddle" and won't let us stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thanks Lisa, and I must say Shirley and I appreciate your honest thoughts. A lovely group of family and friends that really are nice guests.