“Great stay in a beutiful town”

Coast Resort Merimbula
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I visit Merimbula for work and this was my first stay at Coast Resort. The check in was efficient and the receptionist was very helpful with instructions and offering to book me a cab if needed and so on.

I stayed in a 1BR apartment and the facilities were great. All very new and the rooms cleaned well. Everything about the place was extremely comfortable and I would say this is the best accommodation you will find in the area. I will definitely be back and if returning with my family would choose Coast Resort for my stay.

I didn't get to use them but the pools look amazing too.

Room Tip: I was on level 1 and enjoyed the balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here a week just after Christmas in 3 bedroom penthouse which looked out at the beach, the place was amazing, great location, underground parking, quite... However, we stayed in a 3 bedroom so therefore should accommodate up to 6 people bed wise it did however if we all wanted to sit down and watch a movie 4 of us would have to get comfy on the floor the 2 cane chairs are totally impractical for a lounge room more like balcony furniture. The beds were absolutely hideous for the price we paid you think that they would at least have decent beds I looked for a air mattress in town because it was so horrible I am now seeing a chiropractor.... The place was tidy but not very clean, the floors were so sticky, the mop was broken so we were unable to mop everyday the carpet I bet hadn't had a vacuum for sometime. But in saying all this it was a lovely venue that just needs a little more TLC for the price it has.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kelly w
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed in a 3 bed townhouse overlooking the family pool- was like a home away from home and we were there for 7 nights from Sat 22nd December. Had a fantastic time and even the mixed weather couldn't dampen it. The staff were fantastic and very attentive to every need. Not our first time here and certainly not out last- already booked for Easter 2014. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Near new Large modern clean and comfortable size 2 bed apartment with 2 bathrooms.

Approx 5 minute drive to Merimbula shops and restaurants. Convenient with car or a long walk around the Bay.

Only drawback is they check you in after 3pm and want you out by 9:30am. No fly screens on windows or balcony door

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My wife and I originally intended to stay 3 nights in December, but actually stayed longer. A great place for a base to explore the region.

Great service and a beautifully clean apartment. It is a well keep resort.

What really sold us was the secure underground parking.

We have made plans to return in 2014.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My wife and I spent four enjoyable days at this resort in mid-November. We had a one bedroom first floor apartment which was very spacious and comfortable with the large living room having a pleasant outlook over the excellent lap pool. The decor was a little austere and while there is loads of hanging space in the bedroom there was no dressing table or drawers which could be handy for a longer stay. However that is a minor matter. We also found the signage to the Resort somewhat obscured and it would help first time visitors if that could be remedied. Merimbula itself is delightful with lovely beaches, and top class cafés and restaurants and an excellent modern seaside venue.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking lap pool or the main pool make for a pleasant outlook.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hendrob
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Having stayed at the coast every year for the past 5 years for the annual kitesurfing event, I knew what to expect. Modern appartments in great location, however our experience this year was soured when paying our account on departure. Having booked 4 nights a couple of months in advance on the way down from Sydney one of our party had a car accident and the others got called in to work so I called the coast to let them know we would be unable to check in on time. I was assured that would be ok and our booking would be changed to 3 nights however when paying account I was informed booking couldn't be changed and charged full freight for 4 nights. I won't stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends