The cabins are situated on quiet, well kept grounds, at the end of the road just before Short Point Beach - a beautiful beach, suitable for surfing yet next to a peaceful lake, which makes it a perfect setting for a group who would like to surf, yet have calm waters to swim in. The cabins are uniquely shaped and spacious enough for a couple. However, due to its shape the ceiling is quite low at some points and there is a beam stretching across the area for walking, which makes it quite dangerous for tall people. You constantly have to be aware of this beam, which is painted the same colour as the rest of the ceiling, or keep whacking your head against it – we solved this problem by sticking a bright coloured plastic bag to the beam to make us more aware of it. The bathroom is not very well ventilated and due to the set up (the shower area is only protected by a shower curtain and nothing else) the entire bathroom floor tends to gets splashed with water when showering. They provide soap for washing your hands but do not provide any shampoo or showergel so bring your own. If you intend to relax on the bed to watch TV, you might have to move the TV higher as it is located on a platform that is below feet level when lying down, which makes it a bit hard to watch. They provide a portable heater but no airconditioning or even a basic fan so it got pretty unpleasant & stuffy with the doors shut. We decided to leave the front door open – unfortunately, there were smokers sitting outside next door and on a number of occasions, their cigarette smoke filtered into our room, due to the layout of the cabins. We did not use the crockery/cutlery provided as the cupboards needed a good clean. The cabins are provided with a table and 2 chairs outside for guests to relax on. However, there is absolutely no shade outside the cabins, which means you sit there at the mercy of the elements. We tried out this accommodation on an internet deal which promised :-
- a free scrumptious lunch at our choice of restaurant (we were not given a choice at all. Instead, we were given a coupon to the cheaper restaurant, told that was all they had and then given another coupon for 10% off a paid meal at the more expensive restaurant). The “free scrumptious lunch” wasn’t that free after all – when we got to the restaurant, we were told the coupon was only valid for $10 off each of our main courses and we had to pay the difference for the rest of the meal
- 2 for 1 coffee at a particular café (we were given a deal at another café instead)
- late 11am checkout for a lazy morning (we were told that we could not have the late checkout because it was “subject to availability”, even though it was not stated in the deal conditions that late checkout was “subject to availability”)
- free wi-fi (the lady at reception informed us we had to pay for internet use)
- a bottle of wine on arrival (we had to ask for this, before it was reluctantly given to us)
As soon as we checked in at reception, the above mentioned lady immediately started complaining about the deal and how everyone was coming at the last minute to redeem it and how everyone wanted weekends. She then continued to whine about how she would never do this deal again as she wasn’t making much money on it. We were made to feel as uncomfortable as possible for staying there on a discounted deal and she mentioned at least 3 times during our check in that we had to come back again to stay, i.e. on full price. If we ever decide to holiday in beautiful Merimbula again, we would rather stay at the caravan park across the road!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Self Catering Cabins in Merimbula, 150m from Short Point Beach. Variety of cabins: - 2 Bedrooms sleep 5 persons in Queen + 3 Singles - 3 Bedrooms sleep 6 persons in Queen + Queen + 2 singles or Queen + 4 singles. - Studios for couples either Beachfront or Parksetting. Linen and towels are included and all cabins are fully self-catered. Complimentary cots & high chairs available upon request. Pets are welcome - please advise upon booking $20 per stay fee. Check In between 1.30pm & 5.30pm. Please contact the office for a late check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beach Cabins Merimbula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.