Wandarrah Lodge
US$159
  • Pool
Sapphire Waters Motor Inn(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$76
US$64
Sea Spray Motel Merimbula(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$117
Agoda.com
Pelican Motor Inn(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$128
Norfolk Pine Motel(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$144
US$135
Agoda.com
  • Pool
NRMA Merimbula Beach Holiday Park(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$118
Priceline
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Merimbula(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$100
TripAdvisor
Coast Resort Merimbula(Merimbula)(Great Value!)
US$392
All reviewsmain beachnice ownerslarge kitchenwalking distance to everythingtown centrefriendly hostsgreat spotstay there againperfect locationacross the roadwaynehostelbedscafekangaroosaccommodationfacilities
Reviewed 27 January 2013

nice YHA, the room was basic (twin) but with enough space, beds were ok, foam mattresses felt like they could do with being replaced. The place was very clean in general. Nice kitchen area.

The place is minutes walk from the nearest beach and a 10minutes walk from the town centre. There is also a lovely board walk to do the other side of the bridge.

Communal bathroom was very clean but only 2 toilets and 2 showers which maybe a bit of a struggle had the place been full.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I was originally only going to stay a week or so as I am travelling around the country. I arrived in Merimbla on my third day of driving after getting off the boat from Tasmania - that was in February and I have only just moved on last week, early July! I was told about the hostel at the info centre in town and couldn't have found a better place to stay. The place was immaculate - bathrooms, bedrooms and common areas. The kitchen was great and allowed me to prepare all my favourite culinary delights. Everything u could need was available for use and if it wasn't, Wayne and Betty were more than happy to help. It's not a hostel, it's a home.

In the whole time I was staying only one of my drinks got pinched from the fridge - which the hostel owners can't be held accountable for - unfortunately that's other hostel users who obviously don't belileve in kharma. Occassionally there were grumpy negative people staying but one gets the feeling that these people wouldn't be pleased not matter what u do. Thankfully on the whole there were really great friendly people coming through with whom u could have great chats with, share stories and socialise.

The Merimbula and surrounding areas are amazing with the most breathtaking coastal views and walks. If ur not familiar to the area all u have to do is ask Betty & Wayne and they will tell u all the best places to visit and how to get there.

I'll most definately be coming back through ;-)

Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Things began promisingly. We'd booked months earlier and when the week came there were flood nearby and we thought we'd have to go a Different route. They were accommodating about us adjusting our dates and then readjusting. That was very nice.

When we arrived it seemed ok, the guy never mentioned we had to pay a key deposit or fix up the room then and there; it was late and it seemed appropriate to discuss that stuff the next day. But then all the cracks appeared.

We had a family room and it was what we expected for a youth hostel; cramped and small but clean. There were no towels, no bathmat, no soap, and worst the thinnest quilts possible on the beds; it was about 12 degrees!
When I asked about blankets he begrudgingly gave us one thin blanket each; we were cold the whole time. We had to pay a towel hire fee. The towels were old and stained.

The next day we were out and about early but our friend got hassled about not having paid for the room yet. I made my way to the counter and a very brusque woman harangued me about that. We had booked with hostel bookers and I thought I'd paid, but hadn't; she was very rude about that and didn't want to let me look at the invoice. I handed over the money.
Then she wanted more money for a key deposit. She also didn't want to give me a receipt on the spot! It was supremely difficult.
Now, we know it's a youth hostel, but $170 is not your usual hostel fee, and we have stayed in similar prices YMCA's where you had tv, fresh towels and toiletries for about the same cost.

The final straw was when the guy asked me to strip the beds before we left. If i was paying $30 a night I would be happy to do that, but after freezing our butts off and being spoken to with such rudeness and distrust I was not going to oblige. He then made me wait until he checked every corner of the room and stripped the beds himself before he would hand back out key deposit money.
Total joke. There are similarly priced places in beautiful merimbula
Where you'd get a lot more for your dollar.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Fantastic location close to lovely beach, lake and short walk to the nice sized town of Merimbula.
Excellent facilities at this Hostel. Geat kitchen kept beautifully clean. Rooms the same.
Hosts Wayne and Betty know every little thing about the area and are keen to help.
Walk, side a bike or paddle a kyak in the lake. Experience this quiet and natural part of the coast.

Room Tip: book early cause it should get very busy
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We stayed here 4 nights and loved it.
It is exceptionally quiet, a bit of a walk (10 mins) from the small town centre, but very very close to a beautiful beach and wonderful selection of walks. We walked along the beach on a walk recommended by the owner and saw kangaroos, and a huge sting ray.
There is a nice kitchen, a small tv lounge, and a table tennis table upstairs.
Excellent value for money (we had a double room)
There was never more than 5 or 6 people staying when we were there. I did not have a car and the walk in to town was not too far for me, though if you have very heavy bags it might be difficult. The only downside was that the hostel makes you check out and leave the building at 10 am. Other hostels either let you hang around the kitchen for free for a few hours (if you have an afternoon bus) or let you pay a certain amount to do so. This place offered neither option, which would be annoying if you have an early afternoon bus.Otherwise very nice if you are looking for a quiet relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple