“Great for a stop over”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Merimbula
Nevada City, California, USA
“Great for a stop over”
Reviewed 21 January 2009

I spent 2 nights here on Jan. 4 and 5, 2009. I was travelling from Melbourne to Sydney and I always love to stop in Merimbula to spend a day on the beach. The host was very pleasant when I checked in as I needed directions to a friend's hosue in Pambula that night. I've stayed in a lot of best Westerns in my days and they are all pretty much the same. Basic, clean and simple. I was surprised that I also had a bar fridge in my room to keep my drinks cold along with the ability to make my own coffee in the A.M. There is a pool at this loaction, but I never saw anyone use it as it's not much bigger than my bathtub. Very close to town so you can walk down hill and get dinner. Nice place for a night or two, but not the place to stay if you are coming for a week or longer.

• Liked — Clean and simple accommodation
  • Disliked — The price.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Finnish first
Austin
Reviewed 12 February 2008

My family had a delightful stay at this hotel while using 3 separate rooms. We arrived late in the evening and still were welcomed by the staff. The hotel is family owned and operated and fond of visiting with interested guests. I found the location excellent for access to the town, as long as you have a car. One could walk; however, a car makes life much easier in this town. My wife and her sister loved the spa bath. I wish our time could have been extended here, though we had to hit the road driving down to Melbourne. We came in the summer, though the weather wasn't on our side. It was cloudy and windy, but still the town was full of people. If we have the chance to come back to Australia, I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Scotland
Reviewed 24 April 2007

A nice property but unfortuantely the host was unduly surly and requires to attend a charm school to learn that he should be providing a service to paying customers.

Having arrived in NSW from Victoria we found the bedside clock an hour fast. When checked with management and right time confirmed they did not take kindly to my suggestion that the housekeeping staff should check. that clocks were correct. I was informed that they were too busy.

Likewise lack of toiletries [specifically shampoo] on arrival were not replaced after 1 st night , equally shower was not cleaned after 1 st night. Again the ridiculous statement by the host that housekeeping staff are too busy.

As a member of Best Western International Gold Crown Club these comments were also passed to Best Western.

• Liked — Nice property
  • Disliked — Attitude of male host who failed to offer any type of apology for shortcomings
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank met82eor
scotland
Reviewed 23 April 2006

have stayed here twice before and will be staying here again in oct 2006
nice rooms and very freindly owners. good view and short distance to centre.

• Stayed March 2004