“Wonderful accommodation, outstanding experience”

Merimbula Robyns Nest
Ranked #2 of 6 Merimbula B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Not only is the place set up on the magnificent waterfront, the sounds of the Bellbirds just made you feel the experience. Our hosts were very pleasant, make sure you test Robyn's Fruit Buns, they are to die for. Thank you for a great night, and by the way the bed & pillows are very comfortable. I hade a great nights sleep.

Stayed: February 2013
Robyn S, Owner at Merimbula Robyns Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Thankyou for your kind words. It was our pleasure to have you stay. We hope that you can return to stay with us again in the future when I will find another recipe to share, but the eccles cakes are so far the top hit (although I have not shared my version the recipe previously). Regards Robyn

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Well what can I say Robyns Nest is a really Unique Special place to stay!
The rooms are lovely and the views spectacular, you feel like you are on your own little
Island far away from the crowds of tourists, although once you leave the estate it is only 5 mins to the centre of Merimbula. there is a Tennis Court and Pool and beautiful walks. They now have a restaurant and the food is great! I would highly recommend Robyn's Nest to anyone who loves the finer things in life!

Room Tip: Rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brenda T
Robyn S, Owner at Merimbula Robyns Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Thankyou for your kind words. We are very aware of the paradise we are so fortunate to own and the fact we can share it with others. We welcome you back whenever you are travelling this way. Regards

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Robyn’s Nest is in an idyllic setting about 1.5km outside the busy town of Merimbula.
From the first impression of the property which is set down a long forested drive with views to the lake, this is a very spectacular and special place to be.
We were greeted by Greg who showed us around the property and helped us with ideas for trips during our stay. Indeed Greg and Robyn do everything to help you and make your stay enjoyable and provide a wide range of information about the area.
The Guest House rooms overlooks the lake and beyond to the mountains. They are pleasantly appointed including a hospitality tray, kettle and fridge, modern TV, hanging and drawer space and a good bathroom with shower cubicle.
Outside there is plenty of space to sit and relax and a lovely pool (15 metres) with plenty of sun loungers, a spa and tennis courts.
The new La Mesa restaurant serves breakfast and well-presented fine dining cuisine in the evenings. The evening meals are delicious although taking all three courses defeated our appetites. If there is a criticism it is that you can sometimes wait a long time for food – although it is very worth the wait! The restaurant only opened at Christmas, and I am sure they will sort staffing to address the issue over time.
From Robyn’s Nest, there is a pleasant walk – much of it on boardwalks - from the Guest House into Merimbula town; it is about 3km and takes about an hour and there is a small café on the boating pontoon about half-way where you can get tea, coffee and ice-creams.
My only problem with Robyn’s Nest is trying to work out what market it is trying to attract. There are a number of self-catering units in the grounds, so the feel of the property is somewhere between a traditional B&B and a boutique resort. The pool can get very noisy with the children from the self-catering. Breakfast for me is also an issue which prevents Robyn’s Nest being an “outstanding B&B”. Whilst La Mesa does provide a lovely continental breakfast, it feels more like a hotel buffet than the intimacy that I would expect from a boutique B&B. If you are staying at Robyn’s Nest for a number of days the limited choice at breakfast can also become boring. Given the rates and the standard which I think that the property is trying to present, I am surprised that for its B&B offering a full breakfast is not provided. There are additional charges for items including eggs, bacon, gluten free bread, espresso coffees etc are available but at extra cost. Also the WiFi is charged at rates which I associate more with the 4 and 5-star hotel market than a Guest House.
All in all, I would definitely return to Robyn’s Nest for its beauty and tranquillity and lovely rooms. However I will go back expecting a mini-boutique Resort rather than a traditional guest house B&B. And if the property advertises itself as a Boutique Resort rather than B&B it will definitely score 110% in my opinion.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Robyn S, Owner at Merimbula Robyns Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Thankyou for your kind & constructive words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at Robyns Nest.
Re the Restaurant - being "brand new" there will always be one or two teething problems. They have taken your advice on board & the breakfast menu has changed completely. With regards Robyns Nest being a Boutique Resort, this is actually how we advertise ourselves, if you look at our web site. I hope we see you again in the future and that you enjoyed the remainder of your time in Australia.
Regars

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Gorgeous setting, smart accommodation, woke up to kangaroo on the lawn and more in the drive way, beautiful garden and bush setting. Excellent place to stay for a night or a week. Fully self contained with extras. We stayed in one of the cottages but there is a B & B with restaurant there too. Quiet and peaceful a place to return to. Lovely people.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Robyn S, Owner at Merimbula Robyns Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thankyou for your kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & hope you can return in the future. We do seem to be getting more & more of the wildlife "up close". (might have something to do with the bread scraps :-) )
Regards

Reviewed 26 October 2012

A beautiful location, which we were only able to share for one night. Excellent facilities and welcoming friendly owners. To do the place justice would have needed a longer stay but we were on a tight schedule so this was not possible. Our loss. This is an ideal place to visit for those seeking a quite relaxing time. Would love to go back some day, shame they built it on the other side of the world.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Robyn S, Owner at Merimbula Robyns Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2012

Thankyou for your kind words & I am pleased we were able to take good care of you during your very short time here. We hope you can return in the future. If I could build the same in the UK, believe me I would. As you noted from the décor, our roots are from that part of the world which holds a large part of our hearts.
Regards Robyn

Reviewed 1 October 2012

My Husband and I and our 2 year old Daughter went to this lovely property Robyns Nest we all had the perfect stay everything about the place was excellent we will be coming back again and again and I recommend it to anyone who loves the south coast drive its a great Stay and the Host's Robyn and Greg were very inviting.

So Thank you very much for our lovely long weekend away we needed it and you made it perfect Lee Gary and Mia

Room Tip: the Cottage we had was the pick Cottage number 1 :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Robyn S, Owner at Merimbula Robyns Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thankyou for you kind words. It was a pleasure having you and your delightful Mia stay with us. You are definately welcome to return at any time when I hope your visit will be as enjoyable as this one was. Regards. Robyn

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Apart from shopping after we arrived, I think we spent a full week here in the peaceful ambience of this rural retreat and only drove out twice. Once was to have dinner out and another was to just explore the area. This is a great venue with self contained apartments set in woodland and with lake views. I spent my week reading and relaxing. It was difficult to comprehend that here were many other apartments here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Robyn S, Owner at Merimbula Robyns Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thankyou for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. One of the things we like to promote is the peace & quiet that you describe so well. We hope you can return in the future.
Regards