“The B&B that lived up to our high expectations.”

Merimbula Robyns Nest
Ranked #2 of 6 Merimbula B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Found Robyn's Nest while trolling the web and was immediately hooked by the web site. It's an upmarket B&B just 3Km north of Merimbula and once you turn into the sealed private road you're immediately struck that this is something different. The setting is superb with marvellous views of the lake and you're surrounded by native forest ringing with bellbird sounds. The place is just like the web site portrays and is very comfortable and welcoming. Host Robyn was so helpful with local do's and places to visit, the best eateries and must things to experience during our stay - it was terrific to know a local was interested in helping us enjoy what the wider region offered. We enjoyed the pool side setting for a quiet read while soaking up the spring sun. We met some very friendly and warm visitors from overseas and locals - it was so relaxing and easy to fit in. Breakfast was hot, delicious with the range we preferred. It's a great place which sets high expectations that will delight you even when your own are very high too. Enjoy it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 March 2009

I stumbled onto Robyns Nest as the sun was getting low. Merimbula has many hotels and apartments, but none like this. 2k from town in one of the most beautiful settings for a hotel/ B&B I have ever seen ( and I've been around the world). 30 acres over a lake, gum forests with Kangaroos that come out at dusk. I watched numerous wallabies graze on one of the hills on the property. The bellbirds sing all day. It is like staying in a nature preserve. The rooms are huge and the balcony, with it's view, made it hard for me to leave the grounds. I planned one night - stayed 3. It is a little slice of paradise midway between Melbourne and Sydney. The pool is large and warm. The scenery is breath taking. I am coming back. I could pass on the town of Meribula but never on Robyns Nest!!

Service is top rate. Staff is great and Robyn is beyond compare. The first night I got there I was so tired and it was so late I did not want to go to town for dinner. Robyn immediately got me a take away menu and within 20 minutes I was eating prawn pizza al fresco as the sunset. I left an item behind, she tracked me down at my next B&B and mailed it back to the US for me.

Robyns Nest is more like a friendly hotel than a typical B&B. It is large, rooms are spacious and you don't have to mingle with other guests if you do not want to.

You wont be sorry and plan to stay an extra night or two or you will regret it!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2009

We loved this B & B! Our 'standard' room was much better than other 'superior' rooms we have stayed at with similar star ratings. The surrounding scenery is so beautiful and there is wild life in abundance. We were greeted by wallabys and kangaroos as we drove along the considerable driveway.
Our only dissapointment was that we only booked one night here.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2009

Having spent many vacations in Merimbula, I never knew this place existed. It is situation on a quiet spot of the main lake, the only sounds being the singing birds and wind in the trees.

A quick drive into Merimbula, or a nice long walk along the boardwalk.

We stayed in one of their cottages. Fantastic amenities. Nice spa. However, the bed was only a double (not queen), and some of the furnishing were dated with respect to style.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
BKAdministrator, Owner at Merimbula Robyns Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2009

Please note, ALL the beds at Robyns Nest ARE queen or king. (in some cases split kings for single beds)
We do not have any double beds on the property. It is a sadvertised.

Reviewed 5 March 2008

The resort is reached by a long private road from the main road between Bega and Merimbula, clearly signposted. The traditional style buildings all looked out across forest or the North Lake and were beautifully constructed.
We were greeted in the reception area (which also served as a lounge and dining area - it was a huge room separated by various features) by the owner who guided us to our room. The room was large with its own private veranda - all very clean and beautifully furnished.
Robyn gave us ideas of where to eat (all good ones) on a useful map. Another member of the family suggested what we could do locally, including where to see wild life.
You could walk into town by a boardwalk (45mins) or drive (5mins). The surrounding area was really interesting with great beaches and wild life.
We did spot a kangaroo in the resort grounds which are extensive and heard several birds - predominantly bell birds - in the gardens and around. It felt like we were in a mix of cultivated land and private bush walking territory.
Breakfast was delicious, with some choice. The fresh fruit salad was the best I'd had that trip and both the omelette and the bacon I had were really tasty.
The resort's web site is informative and tells you what amenities are available but what really impressed was the warmth of the welcome, local information and the comfort and tranquility of the place.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MHEWigan
Reviewed 2 December 2007

If you are on the south coast this is a must stay!!!
My husband & I stayed here for our 6th wedding aniversary. The staff went above & beyond to make this one of the most memorable trips we have ever had.
We had chocolates, champagne, strawberries & flowers waiting for us on arrival with a dinner at Zanziba's that was just to die for & they provided us with a lift into the restaurant as well.
The facilities are exceptional, the long drivaway is worth the trip to arrive in an amazing beautiful setting of bush & rainforrest and set right on the water, peace, tranquility & romance are an understatement for this resort & the brochure does not do it justice. We had a very spacious room with a bed that needs it's own post code, everything was finished with an english homstead feel & was immaculatly clean (no need to get my pine o clean out of the suitcase).
Betweeen the most friendly & helpful staff & incredable setting we will be back for sure. probably for each anniversary from now on. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a home away from home feel. Money very well spent.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sirus19
Reviewed 1 December 2007

I was quite disappointed with a recent stay here.
Robyn's Nest is promoted as a 5 Star B & B with absolute lakefront location, three minutes from town.
While the property is large and grand in design it feels impersonal and somewhat cold in comparison to other more homely welcoming B & B's in the spectacular town of Merimbula. It is also more expensive and does not clearly advertise the fairly hefty surcharge for use of a credit card.
Some aspects of the brochure are deceptive. The B & B is off the main road down a quite tortuous and narrow access which in itself takes more than 3 minutes to negotiate safely let alone the subsequent drive into town necessary for evening meals.
There are lake views but it is hardly absolute waterfront as it requires a 'bush bash' of about 100 metres on a fairly rough track to get to the famed Merimbula boardwalk.
This was my least liked accommodation experience in a three week tour of the beautiful Sapphire Coast of NSW.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank Errol C
BKAdministrator, Owner at Merimbula Robyns Nest, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2007

I am sorry that Elcroz did not enjoy his stay at Robyns Nest
We do have a 5 star AAA Rating and Robyns Nest is promoted as being in a bush setting 3 kl m from town and that is what we are. The 2% credit card surcharge is advised to all clients at time of booking and is a standard fee. (in this case $3.50) The web site has been completely redone as have the brochures and all photos are less than 12 months old. They are absolutely accurate
We are absolute lakefront as described. The access to the beginning of the boardwalk discussed is actually not on Robyns Nest property and we therefore have no control of the few trees that have regrown.
Regards Robyn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Merimbula
Comfort Inn Merimbula
#10 of 15 in Merimbula
Balconies Dolphincove
Balconies Dolphincove
#1 of 6 in Merimbula

Been to Merimbula Robyns Nest? Share your experiences!