“Good coffee on a Sunday”
Review of Bacchus at Milton - CLOSED

Bacchus at Milton
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Probably the best place for coffee on a Sunday. A pity they don't try and improve their food options.
Very pleasant staff and good service.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

Walked in without a booking which was fine. Food was very good and plentiful. My lamb shank was to die for. Staff friendly and efficient. Good for breakfast,lunch, dinner or coffee. Outside tables if preferred.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We are semi locals and have tried all the restaurants the locals have recommended. They have not mentioned this one but I will be sure to tell them of my find!
My husband and I went on a Saturday night. We shared a main size gnocci with prawns and peas for entree. The serving size was very generous and the flavours well balanced with just the righ amount of pesto coating the dish.
We then each had the eye fillet. I had mine rare and my husband medium rare, both were cooked to perfection which for many restaurants find it difficult to do! It came with a generous serving of mash and the right amount of red wine jus. The only criticism I have it that the jus was sweet, which we did not like ......maybe others do?
We had a side salad - the mixed leaves fresh and interesting.
Green beans- great flavours, decent serving size.
French fries- not oily and came out hot !
I am looking forward to visiting again and taking some locals with me !

Reviewed 20 August 2015

We had dinner at Bacchus with two good friends. The service was adequate but hardly inspiring. I was slightly annoyed that while only three tables were occupied, all the guests were placed next to each other, our table being the first occupied. That may have been convenient to the wait staff, but was not conducive to easy conversation.

However, the food was most enjoyable and the portions generous. The wine list was interesting. We chose a Syrah from Ansted - an excellent wine priced at $32. I enjoyed the wine so much I thought I would buy some online and was rather surprised to find the lowest price I could find was $35!

The only other disappointment was that the restaurant has no toilet facilities: there is a toilet block in walking distance but is shared by other restaurants and shops. It would be fair to say that this facility encourages rigorous hand washing!

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Sunday morning breakfast on a beautiful day. Not full but the service was a little slow, fortunately on sitting down we were offered coffees and that is always a nice touch. The scrambled eggs were a little tasteless but it was acommpanied with a lot of bacon. Best serving of bacon ever. For breakfast very good but please get more newspapers to while away the time.