“Loire inspired whites - just lovely.”
Review of Bou-saada Vineyard and Wines - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bou-saada Vineyard and Wines
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I really enjoyed our time at this little winery. The owner (I think his name was Alistair?) was a lovely, softly gentleman who in spite of his quiet manner had a lot to say about all the kinds of things one wants to hear when wine tasting. He explained to us why bottles are shaped the way they are, briefly identified the 12 or so aromas you don't want to smell when tasting wine & then proceeded to explain to us what inspired (which was more often than not the Loire region in France) each of the wines he had to offer us. It really is a family affair, with his daughter coming out to say hi and his wife and grand children in a nearby room. The wines were tasty, particularly the whites - I grabbed myself a really nice fume blanc.

Apparently they will be releasing a mead (honey wine) later this year and celebrating with a jousting tournament. How fun!

Reviewed 3 May 2012

small and friendly, and the wine is good too.
while this region doesn't have as many wineries as the Hunter, it's also a lot less commercialised and you're generally dealing with the owner of the winery.

1  Thank Phase3
Reviewed 2 March 2008

We visited four wineries whilst in the Southern Highlands and in my opinion Bou-ssada Vineyard & Wines was the nicest. The staff/owner were just lovely, very friendly, informative and welcoming. They offered us a taste of all of their wines and even some smoked meats.

After visiting some other wineries (which werent as friendly), we ended up going back to Bou-ssada and having lunch there. They served great platters of local made foods and the service again was great.

I think Bou-ssada is great and I cant wait to go back again.