“Good Value Stop Over”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mittagong
Wodonga, Australia
“Good Value Stop Over”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is another good value motel we found on our trip home from Qld. The room is spotlessly clean and the (queen size) bed very comfortable. The shower is a great size - much bigger than the norm these days where you can hardly turn around to rinse off! The management were really nice and very helpful. The continental breakfast was included in the rate. We will stay here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaggieL55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We found this motel, though of an older vintage, to be great value for money where the hosts were polite and went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant experience. They offer a free continental breakfast and the use of the dining room area if you purchase, 'take away' evening meals.

Room Tip: Plenty of options available and all very reasonable priced. Good hot shower.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I only stayed one night, but I found the accommodation clean and pleasant. It's a personal thing, but I found the pillows were a bit flat for my taste, and one kept slipping down between the mattress and the head-board. I'm sure the management could have done something about it, but I was too tired and too lazy to ask.

My only other nit-pick was the shape of the bathroom meant I had to open the bathroom door wide, and then walk past it before I could close it properly.

There are no evening dining facilities, but with heaps of restaurants, and the local RSL just 3 minutes up the road you have plenty of choice. Breakfast was your basic continental fare, but enough choices for everyone but the pickiest of people.

All in all, I enjoyed my brief stay, and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Parkdale, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have stayed here on several occasions, but this time I must say I was so disappointed, could only get 1 channel on the TV,but the worst of all was ...I'm stayed here in winter!..the heater did not work,it was freezing,we paid $115.00 per night..when I addressed the issue with the Managers..it was...Sorry bla bla with a smirk on their faces

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 246Anne
gill101010, Owner at Mittagong Motel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hi Anne
I am so terribly sorry that you didn't have a good stay. Thanks for your feedback. We have now put a new TV in the room - sorry we didn't pick up the problem with that TV earlier! Also we have cleaned the filter on the airconditioning and instituted a regular maintenance regime. Most importantly please accept my apologies that we weren't responsive when you alerted us to your concerns.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

For value for money the Mittagong Motel is a great place to stay. Staff were great rooms clean and warm as we were there in July.also pet friendly we will be back with maggie our Labrodor
Ross and Charlotte

Room Tip: Ask for a back room if you take your pooch with you You most probably will get a room by the front...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
gill101010, Owner at Mittagong Motel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hello Charlotte
We appreciate your feedback very much. We do have a couple of pet friendly rooms at the front of the motel, which we don't advertise widely, as people can only book a pet friendly room with us over the phone, not online. We do appreciate how difficult it can be for people travelling with their pets!
Mittagong, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

i have been staying in a lot of motels in my years of travelling as a entertainer..but Mittagong motel is the best by far , the owners and staff make you feel so welcome ..it really feels like home ..i had to stay here for a longer time due to having to look for a rental property ...i'm really sad to leave from here as the owners and staff became like good friends to me ..i recommend this motel to anyone ..so if you're travelling please call in to the Mittagong motel ..you wont regretted...xoxo..maria hemara

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Maria Y
gill101010, Owner at Mittagong Motel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thanks so much for such a lovely review. We are so glad to have you staying with us.
Gillian@mittagongmotel
Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I chose to stay here based on the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor but I wonder if the quality of the rooms varies as I found my room to be basic and the bathroom to be dated in the extreme rather than 'retro'. The bed was clean and comfortable and the heater and electric blankets were welcome additions for the Southern Highlands in June.

The staff were friendly and welcoming. The free WiFi was accessible only for 10 minutes of my stay. When I asked about this, I was told that they were experiencing difficulties with connections.

At $79 a weeknight for a single, this is a bargain anywhere but particularly in the Southern Highlands. However, in my experience, it was a case of, 'You get what you pay for!"

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
gill101010, Owner at Mittagong Motel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Hi Maggie
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. I'm sure that your viewpoint will be helpful for people considering staying with us.
We are so sorry about your experience with the Wifi. We acknowledge how frustrating it is to be told there is free Wifi, but then find that it doesn't work. We have stopped marketing the free Wifi while we continue to try to sort out the problems we are having.
Mittagong Motel is accredited at a two and a half star rating with Star Ratings Australia, although some of our rooms now meet 3 star standard. We hope to keep improving so that the Motel will eventually be rated overall at 3 stars.
Thanks again
gillian@mittagongmotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mittagong
Best Western Grand Country Lodge
Briars Country Lodge & Inn
Peppers Manor House
Peppers Manor House
#1 of 1 in Sutton Forest

Been to Mittagong Motel? Share your experiences!