My partner and I stayed at Bannisters in the Pacific Penthouse (20-22 June), which was a birthday present to him. It was absolutely beautiful! We were so happy with it!
The room was incredibly spacious and inviting, the view from our room was spectacular and that shower and bath... Pure heaven! (I've decided I need a steam shower and heated floors in my bathrooms! Haha) The bed was comfortable and the fire added a nice touch, we had a few dramas getting it turned on, but reception sent a man from maintenance to come and show us how to work it properly. (I would recommend if you have any issues, see reception straight away. We had a few questions and they got everything sorted ASAP and were more than happy to help).
The pool bar is heaven! Such a beautiful view and atmosphere. We had lunch there on the Saturday, it was surprisingly quiet! When we first arrived I found the chef rude and not particularly helpful, but he called for the bartender and he well and truly made up for the chefs rudeness, he was excellent! Food was served quickly & the drinks were brought the table within a view minutes of ordering them! Great service!
We didn't eat at Rick Steins as I'm not a huge seafood lover, but to me the restaurant was dated and not particularly attractive. With the prices on the menu, I would expect a much nicer and more modern restaurant.
The buffet breakfast was quite reasonable, my partner thoroughly enjoyed it! Beautiful view from on the balcony, but on our second morning it was closed off for some reason? A few of the breakfast staff seemed rude and in a hurry to get you in and out as soon as they could, but majority were very friendly and welcoming!
Our housekeeping team were amazing! They were lovely when we came back to the room half way through them cleaning. Really excellent service! It made me feel very comfortable about them having been in our room without us being there! I would hope this is passed on to them!
All in all I loved our stay and we will definitely be back! Thank you Bannisters for the amazing weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in 1970s as a seaside motel, a succession of upgrades and refurbishments now sees our accommodation offering 4.5 star rooms with panoramic ocean views and private balconies. We offer a choice of ocean deluxe, spa rooms, luxury suites, jacuzzi decks and penthouses as well as Rick Stein at Bannisters restaurant, a pizza bar and rejuvenating day spa. With close proximity to local surf beaches, Bannisters makes an excellent choice for your coastal retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Bannisters by the sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bannisters Point Hotel Mollymook
- Bannisters Point Mollymook