“Great Spot!!!!”

Bannisters by the sea
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Mollymook
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've never written a review on trip advisor before but I had such an excellent stay at Bannisters Hotel I felt i should. For starters the natural beauty of the surrounding area is just incredible and to have such an amazing hotel there is great. I went with my wife and we were immediately blown away by this amazing pool with a view that has to be seen to be believed. The rooms are the nicest i've stayed in and the bed was the comfiest bed i've slept in.
All the staff are very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. The service was perfect from start to finish.
We ate out on a couple of occasions at the beginning of our stay but tended to eat in the restaurant at the hotel. The food was really tasty. Genuinely couldn't beat it with a big stick.
Am struggling to think of any real negatives to balance this with but honestly there were none... If you're trying to decide whether to book i can not recommend Bannisters and Mollymook in general highly enough. Peaceful, Beautiful, relaxing.
Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter B, General Manager at Bannisters by the sea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation James!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Bannisters.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Nice and friendly staff. Rooms provided slippers toothbrush and other amenities. Our room had perfect ocean view. Bar area near the pool was great and had a billiard/pool table in a room near the pool. The restaurant had great food and fresh oysters. Although breakfast was a bit average. But overall a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter B, General Manager at Bannisters by the sea, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Pemba K,
Thank you for your review, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It’s lovely to hear you enjoyed the pool bar and our ocean views.
We’re very pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay and we hope to welcome you back on your next trip to the South Coast.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was one of the best hotel experiences I have had. The room was very relaxing with a lovely decor and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever had. The view from the room was just fabulous. What helped to make this such a great experience was the staff - reception, pool bar, dining room (dinner and breakfast) and checkout. All were so friendly and helpful which shows what a great culture this hotel has. If there was any downside at all the shower could be a bit small for some. I would also recommend the Rick Stein restaurant - the food was excellent. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank M G

Dear M G,
Thank you very much for your review and feedback, I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel and Restaurant. I am thrilled you had such a wonderful stay and that our staff added to your experience. We are very proud of our team and I will be sure to share your review with all departments.
I hope to have to the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at Bannisters in the Pacific Penthouse (20-22 June), which was a birthday present to him. It was absolutely beautiful! We were so happy with it!
The room was incredibly spacious and inviting, the view from our room was spectacular and that shower and bath... Pure heaven! (I've decided I need a steam shower and heated floors in my bathrooms! Haha) The bed was comfortable and the fire added a nice touch, we had a few dramas getting it turned on, but reception sent a man from maintenance to come and show us how to work it properly. (I would recommend if you have any issues, see reception straight away. We had a few questions and they got everything sorted ASAP and were more than happy to help).
The pool bar is heaven! Such a beautiful view and atmosphere. We had lunch there on the Saturday, it was surprisingly quiet! When we first arrived I found the chef rude and not particularly helpful, but he called for the bartender and he well and truly made up for the chefs rudeness, he was excellent! Food was served quickly & the drinks were brought the table within a view minutes of ordering them! Great service!
We didn't eat at Rick Steins as I'm not a huge seafood lover, but to me the restaurant was dated and not particularly attractive. With the prices on the menu, I would expect a much nicer and more modern restaurant.
The buffet breakfast was quite reasonable, my partner thoroughly enjoyed it! Beautiful view from on the balcony, but on our second morning it was closed off for some reason? A few of the breakfast staff seemed rude and in a hurry to get you in and out as soon as they could, but majority were very friendly and welcoming!
Our housekeeping team were amazing! They were lovely when we came back to the room half way through them cleaning. Really excellent service! It made me feel very comfortable about them having been in our room without us being there! I would hope this is passed on to them!
All in all I loved our stay and we will definitely be back! Thank you Bannisters for the amazing weekend!

Room Tip: Try the pizzas from the pool bar! Amazing! We got them brought to our room, so worth the $10 to sit...
3  Thank slb1992

Dear slb1992,
Thank you very much for choosing Bannisters and for taking the time to review your stay and share your photos- we very much appreciate it!

I am pleased to hear you were well looked after by our accommodation staff and thoroughly enjoyed your stay in the Penthouse. Thank you for your feedback, we pride ourselves on friendly and efficient staff I will be sure to follow up your comments.

We hope to welcome you back to Bannisters.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My Wife and I recently stayed at Bannisters for 3 nights. The experience we had was wonderful, the view was perfect, the food was spectacular (in both the pool bar and restaurant) and room was warm, comfortable and tastefully furnished. We loved every minute of our stay and didn't want to leave. This was our 3rd visit and we will be definitely back again!

We stayed in one the Penthouses overlooking the ocean and it was well furnished without being over done, the steam room was great as was the egg bath. The bed was very comfortable and allowed for a good nights sleep for myself and my wife.

It was the little things which made our visit perfect, like the bubbles on arrival and thoughtful card left in our room!

I also recommend that the anyone visiting take advantage of the day spa on site, the staff there are wonderful and my wife and I left after our treatments feeling marvelously relaxed and rejuvenated, I really can't recommend it enough.

I can also say that Rick Stein's at Bannisters is definitely the place to eat, the food was delicious and I couldn't fault a thing. The staff looked after us at both our Lunch and Dinner reservations and ensured that we felt really special.

Overall the whole experience at Bannisters was great and we left feeling very spoilt. Thanks!

Room Tip: Definitely go for one of the second floor rooms if you can, the view is fantastic and watching the s...
2  Thank Canberra_Nick1

Dear Canberra_Nick1,
Thank you for your review, it is always wonderful to hear from our return guests.
I am very pleased to hear your time at Bannisters has been consistently excellent and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff.
Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to Bannisters.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have been looking forward to returning to Bannisters for a weekend getaway after attending a friend's wedding reception there last year, and our trip did not disappoint. The view from Bannisters is absolutely stunning and if your lucky enough to coincide your holiday with the sun then you've got a small piece of paradise relaxing in the drop off pool!
Rick Stein's restaurant lived up to the hype and the chilli king prawns were absolutely beautiful and if you really want to indulge the I would recommend the Lemon Tart! The staff at the hotel were lovely and made our stay very enjoyable, we can't wait to get another weekend away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paperwinged

Thank you for your wonderful review Paperwinged! I’m thrilled your return visit was as memorable as your first and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bannisters.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have just enjoyed a weekend break at Bannisters. The luxury room was spacious with the most amazing view. We had dinner at the Pool Bar overlooking the infinity pool. The meal was enjoyable and the service friendly and informative. The following night was a truly special occasion at Rick Stein's restaurant. I highly recommend the lobster raviolo and the Indonesian curry, complimented by a white wine from Spain.. The restaurant was full, but again the service was friendly and attentive. Next time we will go to the restaurant for lunch to enjoy the view.
It was one of those weekends where the weather was better than expected, and everything just went so smoothly, which is a credit to the employees. We highly recommend it for a relaxing break and it would be perfect for a wedding or special celebration.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views. We were above the Pool Deck which was fine this time of the year. For pe...
1  Thank Sandra V

Dear Sandra V,
Thank you for your review and recommendation, we truly appreciate it.

Lunch is a superb way of making the most of our headland views and Rick’s best seafood. We look forward to your next visit.
Peter Bacon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollymook
Dolphin Shores
#6 of 8 in Mollymook
Huskisson Beach Motel
Huskisson Beach Motel
#1 of 4 in Huskisson

Been to Bannisters by the sea? Share your experiences!