“Great service”

Monarch Hotel Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Moruya
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my wife in room 25 was very happy clean room comfy bed great spa and the service was fantastic the hotel has the best location maybe not the view but right in the middle of town price was right highly recommended .

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Katyjackcharli

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We booked on line through a booking site ,two nights for the price of one and then rang ahead to book one extra night as we were ahead of time .At $170 a night this is very pricey as the hotel is very old and does not provide many facilities that you would expect for this price.
We had a large deluxe suite ,one room with bed ,table and two chairs ,tv, microwave,basin ,fridge,tea and coffee,HOWEVER no plates ,one tea spoon and two cups ,two glasses .
The bathroom had no bath mat ,no tissues ,shampoo etc very basic .
The room was clean and bed comfortable and opened onto a verandah which overlooked the beer garden where the smokers gathered. No parking out side the room but in a back car park which gives you a long walk to your room.Continental breakfast was included in the price which was ok.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IanbY7603HN
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed for two nights in one of the deluxe suites - room was basic but comfortable, with a large bathroom / spa bath, and opened onto the verandah overlooking the beer garden - very colourful and not as noisy as I anticipated at first. The hotel is a bit tired, but good value for money, and very laid back. I arrived early and was given a key to the room immediately - downsides for me were no information supplied re restaurant times, or anything else, and no cutlery to go with the microwave. Oh, and only soap, no shampoo/conditioner, so remember to take that alone. Otherwise was fine and the beer garden is very pretty.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms have spa bathroom - those of the verandah open onto the beer garden which was fine when...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dona S
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Me and my fellow medeavial players had a lovely weekend in Moruya. The owner /operator Micelle was fantastic and did everything he could to make us feel welcome.We normally have a little trouble when we book ahead when we go away but this time we had no trouble.Most people don't really get what we are about with our dress up in ol english costumes but Micheele was more than happy for us to have our little stay over. If you are looking for a comfy bed and decor that took our breath way please try this one

Room Tip: Parking a little tight.Short stroll to restuarants and clubs. mmmm very handy
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank johngeraghty01
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I booked one of the suites at this hotel at a very reasonable rate over the long weekend in October. Being a hotel/motel my expectations were not particularly high but was pleasantly surprised by the room. It was large with a comfortable bed, good sized bathroom and even a microwave. I was concerned with being on the highway it may of been noisy but this was not the case. The staff were friendly and the addition of a free continental breakfast in great old dining room the next morning made the stay a very pleasant one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SasandCas
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I read the review after booking the hotel and find it a little bit unjust. It is a country pub hotel and I don't think it is for family who is looking for facilities in a hotel. Our stay was excellent. I love the mix colour of hotel. Its mix and match and a tad daggy but its just remind me of the 70's though I was not born during that era.
The pub got a good beers and pokies and the service is really friendly and its just what you expect in a country.
The room was clean and bathroom was excellent. The spa was working perfectly and we also got a bubble bath liquid provided (it was a kid one but still do the job). Some of the curtain need replacing due to wear and tear and the aircon need a tad cleaning. There were few stain mark on the bed cover but other than that our stay were fantastic! Michel was really friendly and polite. If you looking for a place that is really value for money then this is the one.
For the previous commenter I have to say that you should not expect much for the price that you are willing to pay. This is a basic hotel and it does a basic service. Anything else is an extra.
We have been to 5 star hotel or higher and paid reasonable price for those stay, the service and the quality was much better. But if I'm paying 500 a night or more for a stay, I would expect awesome experience (in which some were not), buy not when we pay 85 a night or less in some other rooms.
I really enjoy my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone that looking for simple but nice stay so they can spend more on food, attractions and sightseeing around the area.

Room Tip: get the room on the side street. you can hear the traffic a bit but its not much at all. I sleep nic...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lovetotravelmore89
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My mother & I were booked into the Monarch Hotel Motel in Moruya for 2 nights to visit relatives in the town. We had booked online & didn't realise it was actually a pub rather than a motel. We checked in with our pre-paid voucher & went into the room, only to find that it was in desperate need of renovations & an update to the decor. Also, there was no bathroom facilities in the room. We went in search of the bathroom, which we eventually found at the very end of the corridor. It had only one shower & 3 toilets for about 10 rooms. The room was also not air conditioned & as it was one of the hottest days of the year, we decided that we would not stay & would instead search for a proper motel.

We take full responsibility for not thoroughly checking that this property is actually an old pub & not a motel, but having said that the photo's which appeared on the website where we booked looked totally different to the one we were allocated. Also, the website constantly referred to this place as a Motel & not a Hotel Motel.

My mother was contacted by someone from the Monarch when we returned asking why we didn't stay, but when she told him that the room was nothing like the pictures that we saw online, he told her that those photo's were not of the cheap rooms which we had booked.

So, a lesson learnt. Alwys check Trip Advisor before booking anything online.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KeenTraveller1810
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moruya
15 mi away
#8 of 8 in Narooma
Coastal Comfort Motel
Coastal Comfort Motel
#4 of 8 in Narooma

Been to Monarch Hotel Motel? Share your experiences!