“Not so best wings!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Not so best wings!”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I stopped by on a Saturday afternoon for a beer and a couple of wings and $40 later I was pretty dissatisfied with the whole experience. The place was dead. the decor (carpet on the wall) was well "dated" which was ok for a small pub if it could make up for it with the food, but on this front it fell short. The wings were small and the sauce was ok. very tomato based sauce, if you like your hot wings this way you may like it. Service was poor since we were the only table and it took me asking twice for my beer. So final review, overall experience was ok, but for the price and location it drops it down to poor. There are better pubs for wings and beer.

• Visited February 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This used to be a great bar-grill (years ago), but lately the food just seems to be microwaved prepared frozen food.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Andrea S
Hillside, New Jersey
“Still Great Wings”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My son, wife and I went to the Windsor Inn for wings, fries and beer. The Windsor is a sports bar with a small section with table for dining. It took awhile for the order to come, but it was really good. The wings were great as well as the mild, hot and bbg sauces that came with them. The beer batter fries were delicious. No ketchup needed. The blue cheese dressing actually had nice chunks of blue cheese. The beer was reasonably priced. All in all, a good meal.

I cannot comment on the rest of the menu except to say that I made the mistake of ordering the pizza once a long time ago. Let's be kind and say stick with the wings. My comments below are for the wings and beer batter fries only.

• Visited July 2012
Palm Coast, Florida
“"stick to the wings"”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

on a recent saturday, the wife and i visited the windsor. we each had an order of "original" wings with the famous hot sauce. the texture of the sauce is rich, thick, and smooth. great stuff ! we also ordered a medium pizza supreme. lets be kind and say the pizza was average. it's very hard to match some of the pizza that's available in northeast pa. OUR service was great, but a couple got up and left while we were there because they were ignored. not good business. we would go back again but we'll stick to the wings

• Visited July 2012
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“This place has gone downhill”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I always loved the Windsor. They had the best wings. However, when I get wings, they should not be the size of my thumb then charge an arm and leg for it. It's bar food not 5 star quality food. I also used to get the buffalo wrap until they charged me almost $10 for a sloppy disgusting wrap that looked like someones puke. Get it together.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Beemat24

Been to Windsor Inn? Share your experiences!