“Best place ever”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Murwillumbah
Sydney, Australia
“Best place ever”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed two days and nights, I was pleasantly surprised with how wonderful the accommodation was, very clean and the bed so well made I'm sure I could have bounced a coin on it, there was plenty of coffee and tea plus these most delicious cookies I have ever tasted, the staff were just so pleasant and helpful. I am hearing impaired and need a loud alarm clock which I failed to take along, but that was no trouble because the owner said he would get up at "5 am" to wake me, not only that but he would also drive me to the bus station, although I did decline to be driven I think the offer was so nice of them to do, Thank you all at the motor inn, I had a lovely stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed for only one night as we were going to an Engagement party in the area and didnt want to drive home to Brisbane that night .Its a very clean property although dated maybe 1970 sh .Renovations have gone on and the place seemed freshly painted with new curtains .Had a lovely comfortable sleep as the bed and manchester was in good order even the pillow was comfortable .Very friendly staff and it was easy to find .Only negative for me was they quoted me $115 on the phone twice when we rang back to confirm as well but charged us $120 when we paid but i guess i should have put my glasses on and maybe they should have actually said what it was going to be at the time i handed them my credit card ,oh well no big deal .They made us a lovely coffee and it was a relaxing stay so i would stay there again

Room Tip: We had a view of Mount Warning but the trees in front are so big now that you cant really see it any...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 4pm to a lovely welcome by the staff. Check in was quick, had a complimentary latte in our nice clean motel room. It was nice and quiet and can be easily found (I can't navigate and I when I do, I get lost) I will be back again when I'm down there. Book a mountain view room it is quite pretty.

Stayed February 2014
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed at Murwillumbah Motor Inn last November the night before we climbed Mount Warning.
The motel was everything it said it was on the internet- clean, quiet and friendly !
A cup of coffee was offered on arrival !
The room we had was spacious and clean with free internet and cable tv. The bathroom was clean but a bit dated and quite tiny, but we found the motel very comfortable and suited our needs perfectly !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Suzhou, China
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Polite and friendly owners greeted us on arrival with fresh-brewed coffee. There was plenty parking and the bed was comfy. The room had recently been updated and there was a large flat screen tv with satellite, complimentary mineral water, fridge, microwave and wine glasses. The A/C worked well and quietly. The owners explained they were going to update the bathrooms soon, but they were very clean with natural shampoo and soap and it was the only shower on our 3 week trip in 5 hotels that didn't leak onto the floor.

Housekeeping was cheerful and we had a lovely cooked breakfast one morning, too. As we were spending Christmas with friends locally, it was an ideal base to dump our things. The high street is a 2 minute walk down the hill and the Chinese restaurant will deliver to your room if you fancy a night in.

Would recommend for a no-frills, friendly place to stay if you are in the Mount Warning area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Mount Warning so you can see the sunrise and sunset on the mountain.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed for 1 night in a family room. Staff were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The coffee we received on arrival was by far the best coffee we had in all of Murwillumbah in years!!!! The room was extremely good, much larger than family rooms in other hotels we have stayed in. Overall we enjoyed the stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Very helpful hosts, nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were very clean. Although it is an older complex by today's standards it has been well maintained.

Breakfast options on the room service menu were quite adequate.

Room facilities were good also, with kettle tea/coffee supplied plus a refrigerator and microwave oven.

Free wireless internet was great too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murwillumbah
Santai Retreat
#5 of 7 in Murwillumbah
Poinciana Motel
Poinciana Motel
#2 of 8 in Murwillumbah

Been to Econo Lodge Murwillumbah? Share your experiences!