“Overnight Stay in Murwillumbah”

Econo Lodge Murwillumbah
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Murwillumbah
Brisbane, Australia
“Overnight Stay in Murwillumbah”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Murwillumbah is lacking in the higher classes of Hotel/Motel Accommodation. Something they need to have a good look at now that the new Margaret Olley Art Centre at the Tweed River Art Gallery has opened. But if you have to pick a 3 1/2 star Motel, the Murwillumbah Motor Inn is a worthy pick. Our twin Mt Warning room was very spacious. Beds were very comfortable and of high quality. Double crisp sheeting and a spotlessly clean room if not a little dated left us happy enough and comfortable for an overnight stay. One disappointment was the BBQ. We were going to have a BBQ breakfast but the BBQ seemed like it hadn't seen any life for some time. Compared to the cleanliness of the room this area was extremely lacking. This was only one blip in the overall very nice stay. The free coffee and Byron Bay biscuits are a nice touch. Would stay here again in the absence of a new 4 or 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Mt Warning Twin Room (2 Queen) was very spacious and easily sleep 2 couples travelling together.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

One of the reasons I chose the Murwillumbah Motor Inn to stay at was because it was off the main road, which is rare for a motel. It is very quiet at night and yes, the birds are more likely to wake you here rather a truck rumbling past. I had a large room on the top floor with a view of Mt Warning, which is nice to wake up to in the morning. The bed was very comfortable and the air con worked well. Though the motel is a bit dated you can see that improvements have been made. The restaurants in Murwillumbah are about a 10 minute walk away. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank simone_a13
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed two days and nights, I was pleasantly surprised with how wonderful the accommodation was, very clean and the bed so well made I'm sure I could have bounced a coin on it, there was plenty of coffee and tea plus these most delicious cookies I have ever tasted, the staff were just so pleasant and helpful. I am hearing impaired and need a loud alarm clock which I failed to take along, but that was no trouble because the owner said he would get up at "5 am" to wake me, not only that but he would also drive me to the bus station, although I did decline to be driven I think the offer was so nice of them to do, Thank you all at the motor inn, I had a lovely stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed for only one night as we were going to an Engagement party in the area and didnt want to drive home to Brisbane that night .Its a very clean property although dated maybe 1970 sh .Renovations have gone on and the place seemed freshly painted with new curtains .Had a lovely comfortable sleep as the bed and manchester was in good order even the pillow was comfortable .Very friendly staff and it was easy to find .Only negative for me was they quoted me $115 on the phone twice when we rang back to confirm as well but charged us $120 when we paid but i guess i should have put my glasses on and maybe they should have actually said what it was going to be at the time i handed them my credit card ,oh well no big deal .They made us a lovely coffee and it was a relaxing stay so i would stay there again

Room Tip: We had a view of Mount Warning but the trees in front are so big now that you cant really see it any...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 4pm to a lovely welcome by the staff. Check in was quick, had a complimentary latte in our nice clean motel room. It was nice and quiet and can be easily found (I can't navigate and I when I do, I get lost) I will be back again when I'm down there. Book a mountain view room it is quite pretty.

Stayed February 2014
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed at Murwillumbah Motor Inn last November the night before we climbed Mount Warning.
The motel was everything it said it was on the internet- clean, quiet and friendly !
A cup of coffee was offered on arrival !
The room we had was spacious and clean with free internet and cable tv. The bathroom was clean but a bit dated and quite tiny, but we found the motel very comfortable and suited our needs perfectly !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Suzhou, China
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Polite and friendly owners greeted us on arrival with fresh-brewed coffee. There was plenty parking and the bed was comfy. The room had recently been updated and there was a large flat screen tv with satellite, complimentary mineral water, fridge, microwave and wine glasses. The A/C worked well and quietly. The owners explained they were going to update the bathrooms soon, but they were very clean with natural shampoo and soap and it was the only shower on our 3 week trip in 5 hotels that didn't leak onto the floor.

Housekeeping was cheerful and we had a lovely cooked breakfast one morning, too. As we were spending Christmas with friends locally, it was an ideal base to dump our things. The high street is a 2 minute walk down the hill and the Chinese restaurant will deliver to your room if you fancy a night in.

Would recommend for a no-frills, friendly place to stay if you are in the Mount Warning area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Mount Warning so you can see the sunrise and sunset on the mountain.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murwillumbah
Tweed River Motel
#5 of 7 in Murwillumbah
Hillcrest Mountain View Retreat
Mt Warning Bed and Breakfast Retreat
Murwillumbah YHA - Riverside Backpackers

Been to Econo Lodge Murwillumbah? Share your experiences!