“Off The Beaten Track”

Econo Lodge Murwillumbah
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Murwillumbah
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Yes a motel away from the busy main road...That is the reason we booked to stay here. However we are pleased we did..not only was it quiet, The managers were so courteous, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable on the local area, and they make a great latte and it was FREE!!!

I love value for my hard earned money and Murwillumbah Motor Inn is great value, decent size rooms...little outdoor veranda..The cleanest rooms..and a nice quiet, truck free sleep, my husband did not even snore or was in such a deep sleep I did not hear him.

No wake up alarms...except for the birds..when you live in the city..being woken by birds singing to welcome the new day..was music to my ears.

Definitely my place of choice when in Murwillumbah.

Room Tip: It is in a back street all the rooms a quiet, smart place to build a motel!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This place was exactly what we'd expected of a motor inn - it was clean, quiet, convenient with really friendly staff. The value for money is great and it was the ideal spot to stay for a weekend in the area.

1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 11 April 2014

For the price we paid I would call it a dog kennel . The room was too small the toilet and bathroom you couldn't turn around in. The cleaners need to be retrained . Badly needs renovating . I have worked in motels this one is very poor. The new owners have a lot of work to do. I would not have stayed there a 2nd nite.
Also the toilet didn't work properly not enough hot water when showering. No screen door leading to the balcony . Only a single lock on the door entry . Very poor accommodation.

Sue

Room Tip: Rooms need to be bigger
2  Thank skimber54
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Murwillumbah is lacking in the higher classes of Hotel/Motel Accommodation. Something they need to have a good look at now that the new Margaret Olley Art Centre at the Tweed River Art Gallery has opened. But if you have to pick a 3 1/2 star Motel, the Murwillumbah Motor Inn is a worthy pick. Our twin Mt Warning room was very spacious. Beds were very comfortable and of high quality. Double crisp sheeting and a spotlessly clean room if not a little dated left us happy enough and comfortable for an overnight stay. One disappointment was the BBQ. We were going to have a BBQ breakfast but the BBQ seemed like it hadn't seen any life for some time. Compared to the cleanliness of the room this area was extremely lacking. This was only one blip in the overall very nice stay. The free coffee and Byron Bay biscuits are a nice touch. Would stay here again in the absence of a new 4 or 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Mt Warning Twin Room (2 Queen) was very spacious and easily sleep 2 couples travelling together.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2014

One of the reasons I chose the Murwillumbah Motor Inn to stay at was because it was off the main road, which is rare for a motel. It is very quiet at night and yes, the birds are more likely to wake you here rather a truck rumbling past. I had a large room on the top floor with a view of Mt Warning, which is nice to wake up to in the morning. The bed was very comfortable and the air con worked well. Though the motel is a bit dated you can see that improvements have been made. The restaurants in Murwillumbah are about a 10 minute walk away. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank simone_a13
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed two days and nights, I was pleasantly surprised with how wonderful the accommodation was, very clean and the bed so well made I'm sure I could have bounced a coin on it, there was plenty of coffee and tea plus these most delicious cookies I have ever tasted, the staff were just so pleasant and helpful. I am hearing impaired and need a loud alarm clock which I failed to take along, but that was no trouble because the owner said he would get up at "5 am" to wake me, not only that but he would also drive me to the bus station, although I did decline to be driven I think the offer was so nice of them to do, Thank you all at the motor inn, I had a lovely stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed for only one night as we were going to an Engagement party in the area and didnt want to drive home to Brisbane that night .Its a very clean property although dated maybe 1970 sh .Renovations have gone on and the place seemed freshly painted with new curtains .Had a lovely comfortable sleep as the bed and manchester was in good order even the pillow was comfortable .Very friendly staff and it was easy to find .Only negative for me was they quoted me $115 on the phone twice when we rang back to confirm as well but charged us $120 when we paid but i guess i should have put my glasses on and maybe they should have actually said what it was going to be at the time i handed them my credit card ,oh well no big deal .They made us a lovely coffee and it was a relaxing stay so i would stay there again

Room Tip: We had a view of Mount Warning but the trees in front are so big now that you cant really see it any...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murwillumbah
ecOasis Resorts
Town Palms Motel
Town Palms Motel
#2 of 2 in Murwillumbah
Mt Warning Bed and Breakfast Retreat

Been to Econo Lodge Murwillumbah? Share your experiences!