“great location”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nambucca Heads
Armidale, Australia
“great location”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

stayed here a month ago, found it good value, the location on the river is great with nice views and no highway noise. The food was excellent & the staff most courteous & helpfull, Definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank micks66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Nambucca Motel for three nights and I found it to be a very clean, comfortable, and relaxing place to stay. The large grounds are well maintained and the river views at the rear of the motel are magnificent. My room was clean and comfortable and was great value as well. The staff were great and I enjoyed some lively meals prepared by the owner Melody Ng in the restaurant. It's the perfect spot to base yourself for a few days while you explore the Nambucca area.

• Stayed April 2014
Wollongong
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stay there for 1 night on way to Gold Coast. Went to have a shower in the morning no hot water. Not a good morning. For $155 for 1 night we wanted a good bed and hot shower both my family of 4 didn't get. Wouldn't stay there again if you paid me. :((

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Bailey2503
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have stayed at the Nambucca Motel several times over the past few years and find that the standard has dropped considerably during that time.

We stayed there in February on our way to Newcastle and found the room was not up to standard, so requested a better room on our return early March. I was greeted by a very unfriendly receptionist who refused to give us an extra roll of toilet paper when I later asked my son to request it. The room was not clean (had to clean the shower and toilet before use). The fridge did not work! We bought drinks etc for dinner and had to drink them warm.

Overall a very disappointing stay and, even though a convenient stopping point on our way to Newcastle from Brisbane, we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank pauline_lindsay

Travellers are raving about these Nambucca Heads hotels

Gold Coast
Reviewed 19 February 2014

A great spot on the river though not good value overall. VERY, VERY tired décor in rooms and restaurant. We booked for 3 persons and the room did not cater for that adequately. Better value elsewhere!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

1 Thank Denise W
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was travelling back from Queensland with my mother and little dog on 4 Jan 2014 and we were looking for somewhere to stay around Coffs Harbour/Nambucca Heads region. Because of the holiday season it was quite hard to get in anywhere. I sent off an email enquiry on 8 Dec 2013 asking about pet friendly rooms. I didn't receive a reply until 14 Jan 2014 and they pointed out that I had made an error with the date I sent them. I had put 2012 by mistake. I pointed out that this was no excuse for not replying sooner and that if this was any indication of their service I'm glad we didn't stay. They fired back another email quote "Can you have look at the date and year you put down?" I would rather sleep in my car than stay with them. Extremely rude people, obviously not concerned about getting bad reviews.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gem1n1_58
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great motel if you love your pooch and are wanting to travel with them. I stayed there with my partner and would not stay there again as with the other reviews the rooms did need some airing out. I gather the odour was from dogs being in the rooms with there owners that I witnessed. The room I stayed in was dated but spacious.The location on the river was great at night I recommend keeping the doors closed or use mosquito repellent.The owner was polite and the rooms are far enough back from the road so you don't here any traffic noise.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Nambucca Heads
Mandarin Motel
Mandarin Motel
#1 of 3 in Macksville

Been to The Nambucca Motel? Share your experiences!