Blue Dolphin Motel
Destiny Motor Inn(Nambucca Heads)
US$117
Motel Miramar(Nambucca Heads)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$98
The Nambucca Motel(Nambucca Heads)
US$91
US$80
Priceline
US$85
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Seabreeze Beach Hotel(South West Rocks)
US$82
US$80
Rockpool Motor Inn(South West Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$110
BIG4 Sunshine South West Rocks(South West Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$73
Priceline
  • Pool
Costa Rica Motel(South West Rocks)
US$98
US$121
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Run down and has an uncared for look and feel. It is in a great location with beaut views over the river especially from room 17, and the RSL Club is nearby but this is one motel that I will not be staying in again anytime soon. I agree with all of the recent reviews - a disaster!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Grandalf242
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I (unfortunately) stayed here for for one night on the way from Sydney to Queensland on 13/10/12 and have to agree with all the other reviews here regarding the dilapidated and run-down state of the place. I think my room number was 11, it was downstairs near the pool which was not usable...it had no water in it, apart from about a foot of sludge in the bottom. When I first checked in and rode my motorbike to my designated parking spot, there was a car parked there so I went to see the office lady who told me that it was her husband's car and to park wherever I want. She wasn't rude but had a real "couldn't care less" attitude. My room itself seemed clean but it it had a really damp smell about it. About a week later I started coming out in huge red itchy lumps all over my body. It was so bad, I went off to the doctor to find out that I had been attacked by bed bugs!! I've since learned that it takes up to 10 days for the symptoms of bed bugs to appear and without going into further detail, I can 100% guarantee that this is the only place I could have been attacked. I am considering reporting this place to the health authorities.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
13  Thank Toni B
314KenR, Owner at Blue Dolphin Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

13.10.12 Reviewer registers in Unit 11, Blue Dolphin Motel.

29.11.12 Via email reviewer alleges he was bitten by bed bugs. We immediately checked the room.
WE FOUND NO BED BUGS
29.11.12 Our main cleaner had worked in Nth Qld and was familiar with bed bugs.
SHE SAID THERE WERE NO BED BUGS.
Nevertheless, we insisted she check the mattress and linen.
THERE WERE NO BED BUGS.
To be absolutely certain we checked every room on both floors.
THERE WERE NO BED BUGS.

29.11.12 Via email reviewer requests reimbursement of accommodation and medical expenses. We invited Council to send their health inspector. The advice was given that a private pest inspector would be better so that Council would be seen to be unbiased.

(At the same time, a "review" was published in Trip Advisor without substantiation of allegations.)

03.12.12 A licensed pest inspector was requested to check all units thoroughly.
THE INSPECTOR FOUND NO BED BUGS IN UNIT 11 OR ANY OTHER UNIT.

It should be noted that there were previous guests, who had occupied Unit 11, before and after 13 October, 2012. They made no complaints. This seemed strange.
IF THERE WERE BED BUGS, WHY HADN'T PREVIOUS GUESTS COMPLAINED?

30.11.12 Via email we requested a copy of the doctor's report and waited for a response.

01.12.12 Reviewer advised he would send doctor's report and photographs, but nothing arrived.

Late March 2013 We received hints that we should check the website of Trip Advisor.
We did. We were astonished that unsubstantiated allegations could be published.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed here on a recommendation of some friends who had stayed there about 20 years ago.
But I must say these friends only said that it has a million-dollar view, and that it was built in 1958.
The room was clean, and the view is spectacular, (room 17), but that is where the bad begins, single bed was not usable, and the swollen and flaking chipboard was everywhere.
The pool is obviously not usable, and the derelict cars and boats in the car-park are a disgrace.
The whole place is due for the wreckers.
Enough said, don't stay here if you want a tiny bit of comfort.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank KevinRL
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I've had the profound misfortune of spending a night in this [--] hole earlier this year. Yes, same deal, arrived late and everywhere else was full. If I had only had the sense to look before I handed over the plastic, I would have willingly driven the 400 klms home to avoid this hovel. The state of disrepair is of biblical proportions, incredible that any motel can continue to operate in the condition this place is in. Here is wisdom, what ever you do, regardless of how desperate you are, sleep in your car rather that contemplate a night here. I've got some great photos, check them out.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank PatientAussie
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed here 1 night coming back to Sydney from QLD - all other hotels fully booked. The hotel needs MAJOR renovations, repairs and should be inspected to see how it measures up to health and safety regulations (poorly I would think). It was very run down, the pool didn't look usable, the foyer was full of old box TVs and kettles etc. Rubbish was piled up and overflowing in the carpark area. In the morning linen from some rooms was thrown down a external staircase to the dirty pool area. It was still there when we left.The room was smelly and musty with the noisiest air conditioner situated right next to the head end of the bed so that it blasted whoever was on that side of the bed. The electricals looked dangerous and the chairs in the room were plastic chairs from outside and were very dirty. Cups had a good coating of dust, Bathroom had mildew, a shelf that was broken and there was a large hole in the wall with what looked like a motor wedged in absolutely covered in rust and dirt (Exhaust fan???), The tariff was expensive and service poor. Manager (or owner?) seemed totally disinterested.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple