“Yum!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We had a great experience. Loved the atmosphere to begin with; the restaurant is quite cosy & tastefully decorated, not too big but bigger than it looks from outside. Staff were courteous without being in your face - no "I'll be your waiter for the evening" pretense, which we liked. In spite of being fairly busy the meals came out in good time and were DELICIOUS. Chilli mussels and seafood pizza were excellent quality and we wanted more in spite of the rather large portions! :) Sangria hit the spot. We will definitely be back for more sampling of the menu!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We live in Melbourne, but own a house in Corlette. Whenever we are visiting the Bay we always eat at Casa de Oro. Without fail, our experience has always been enjoyable. The mussels are exceptional and the wood-fired lasagna is delicious.

Keep up the geat work.

Mike from Melbourne.

2  Thank MOBrien1907
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

I am appalled by this so called "Spanish" restaurant! The only Spanish thing about it is the name. I was there last Saturday night 19th may with joshr98 above. We walked in, had to seat ourselves as no one came up to us, we ordered our food, and waited 40 minutes for it to arrive. Was it worth the wait? NO! Over salted mushrooms, fried cheap chorizo (not the authentic kind I've had elsewhere), dry, over cooked beef strips, cold salty lamb cutlets and a dish they called Kumera fries with goats cheese dip. Which turned out to be McCain sweet potato superfries and I could taste no goats cheese in that dip, it was more like sour cre and ranch dressing. They admitted to serving us McCain only after we asked as we saw the packet in their kitchen. They were not apologetic for deceiving us, instead they insulted us by insinuating we could afford the $16 for the fries. When we spoke to the manager she was rude and defensive, and even started making racist comments to my Canadian friends I was with. She took $10 off our bill (as if that makes up for any of it). We did pay even though we shouldn't have after that disgraceful and unproffessional carry in of theirs and to top it off after we had left the building one of the guys who works there came out and tried to provoke a fight with my friend. I had terrible stomach pains that night obviously from the food and I will tell everyone I know never to eat there again. I'd even go so far as to having them shut down by the food authorities for their unethical and unhygienic practices.
Stay away from this place, even if they're the only ones open, I'd rather go to hungry!

3  Thank Rosejjj
geegee33, Owner at Spanish Dream, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2012

Well I guess this this could go on forever, you leave me bad reviews and I answer them, you don't like my answer so you leave more bad reviews. I just hope everyone reading this can now see how petty and over the top you are.
We have had this restaurant for many years now and we have a good regular clientell that would disagree with all your comments. Now you are just making things up to get at us, or is it that you were all to drunk to actually remember how you behaved.
Let's agree that you don't like us and we don't want you back, and let everyone else make up their own minds.
Or will there be another one up here tomorrow?

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Terrible experience. Not only was the food not what one would expect from a spanish retaurant one of our dishes had run out (Sweet potato fries with Gaot Cheese Dip I think) they then replaced our food with McCain Superfries (Which they admitted after we questioned them) from Coles and did not inform us....Homemade food at its best all for $16. They went on to say it was ok and the ones they make home made are greasy anyway. They also argued, defended themselves, no appology, lousy service, insulted our accents....just for starters. We will not be back ever and will continue to pass on the terrible word. Good,luck Casa de Oro you will need it!!!!

1  Thank Josh R
geegee33, Owner at Spanish Dream, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Let me tell everyone what really happened. At the end of a busy Saturday night we had run out of sweet potatoes so yes we went to Coles to get more for that last order ( if you look around you'll see many wait or kitchen staff running back and forth to Coles during busy nights when kitchens run out of stock, it is a common occurrence).
It's not like we replaced snapper with fish fingers, we replaced a whole potato with a cut potato, yes we usually make them our selves but like I was telling you, if you just cut them and cook them they will be oily and therefor to stop that happening there is a trick in the preparation that takes time and can't be done on the spot.
Now to your rude overreaction, you asked about the chips and we told you yes sorry we bought them because we ran out and we told you you didn't have to pay for them. However that was not good enough for you so you insisted that our cheff come back and give you an"explanation" after she had already finished work.
You then proceeded to call her " a lying deceitful amature that should watch more master chef", then you wonder why she was defending herself, who was insulting who?. Not only were you over the top rude and unreasonable you were drunk and horrible, and all over some chips you weren't being charged for in the first place. One of you even tryed to start a fight with our waiter, not great restaurant behavior if you ask me.
We would be more than happy to never see you in our restaurant again.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I loved the different favours ... I recommend ordering few tapas to share . Even a vegetarian get a nice choice of food

2  Thank SydneyCdp