Port Stephens Marina Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Nelson Resort(Nelson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$116
US$125
Cote D'Azur(Nelson Bay)
Mantra Aqua(Nelson Bay)
Central Motel(Nelson Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbuffet breakfasttop floorwine glassesplenty of parkingport stephenstown centreshort strollbrickcutlery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Our stay was very comfortable - second floor room with the views were beautiful. The room was very spacious, clean and well equipped. The kids had a lot of fun at the pools outside and plenty of room to run around.

The staff were friendly and courteous and willing to help. The buffet breakfast was good value. We enjoyed our stay and would certainly love to come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer J
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Our experience with this hotel started prior to actually turning up. My partner had booked the stay online where it listed pay on arrival. However a rude phone call to her 3 days out of the stay to demand payment otherwise the booking would be canceled, so unhappily we did.
On arrival the hotel was seemingly empty, and quite imposing from the outside due to its stark brick facade straight from 1990. This made me wonder if the call was in desperation to actually secure a reservation.
We were given a room on the 3rd floor, the view was nice as it overlooked the marina, and come night we could see all the tiny lights on the water. The room itself was much like the outside, stark brick, with dark wood and features, the bathroom was much the same with a spa tub which would be lucky to fit half a smurf in it. The room was relatively clean, the bathroom was not, and needed to be mopped on the tiles as I could see the scudge around the wall, and water stain on the flat surfaces.
Location-wise it is less than 5 minutes to the marina or main streets.
I would only recommend this place if you were only stopping over on your way to somewhere else and were going to look at it with dim lighting.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Kindros
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here for ten days for work and had a really comfortable stay. I was booked in a Nelson Room but management was nice enough to bump my room up to one on the second floor with an awesome view of the port. The room was a bit old, but clean. I had fresh towels daily and my bed made everytime I came back from work. The staff were also very friendly and accommodating. They had a buffet breakfast daily on the fourth floor which had an amazing view of the port as well. The only problem I had with the resort was wifi. You had to get an access code ticket from reception for 100mb of internet data. Of course that finishes up quite easily. You could grab another code but I didn't want to go up and down the lift to reception to do that, and their reception is only available from 7:30AM-7:30PM. But other than that, my ten days away from home for work felt more like a holiday. :)

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kaiskidoodle
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights. Got a great rate, the room was clean, the beds comfortable. It was serviced everyday. They were friendly and very helpful. An easy walk down to the restaurants and Yes I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms you can sleep with the door open.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Very very tired and basic accom! We paid $185 but would expect $85 for this accom. In bad need of refurb and just looks grotty. Seemed to be clean but felt grubby just with the date of everything. Location was good but room was terrible. Uncomfortable bed, dripping noisy fridge and an alarm going off all morning in another room

• Stayed: June 2013