“DISGUSTED”

The Marina Ice Creamery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Nelson Bay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After purchasing 2x2 scoops and politely commenting to the young man who served me that the cost of $17.00 was rather expensive, the manager very rudely and aggressively interrupted and said,"You must be used to buying ice-cream at cheap ice-cream places!" I calmly responded that I very,very rarely purchase ice-cream and that I thought it very rude to speak to a customer that way. His response was that I was very rude to make a comment about his prices. On the occasion that I do purchase ice-cream, I buy an excellent 500ml tub, the recipe of a well-known Australian chef, for $10.00.
Sadly he had about 3/4 young staff witness his appalling customer service; NOT a good example in customer service relations!

homeawayfromhome2011, Owner at The Marina Ice Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Victoria it is interesting that you found the need to rush to anti-social media. Please tell the truth. In no way were you POLITE. You were loud and if I may say rather pompous. Your intention was to draw attention to yourself. You were particularly rude to the young man who was serving you. And I think a person of your advanced years should have shown more respect to young staff. You were loud and you were pompous. And that is why I quietly, not aggressively at all, stepped in and told you that the people behind the counter are not machines and deserved a little more respect. I offered to refund your your money too. I also said, quite rightly, that our ice creams are premium product and not like the cheaper ice cream shops you may be used to visiting. It was not said in an aggressive way and I am very sorry if you felt it was. It was unnecessary of you to make such a scene. Did you not read our menu boards - inside and outside - where our prices are clearly displayed? If our prices didn't suit you fair enough, but don't come into a shop and berate our staff for your failure to check prices before you buy. Victoria, next time you visit a shop please think of how you treat the staff who are there to serve you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve always loved popping in for a treat when in Nelson’s bay. The choice is amazing my new fav is pavalova with more new flavours arriving like cinnamon donut, apple crumble ect. The lovely lady working there is always happy and helpful.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The soft serve ice cream here is wonderfully delicious, and they aren't stingy with the servings. Treat yourself to a flake in yours. Yum!

Reviewed 4 November 2018

The Marina Ice creamery is located in a great area close to other cafes, shops. There is quite a lot of seating available outside with a great water view They is toilets and parking near available too. They have other fifty four flavours to choose from so everyone can find at least one they like. The ice-creams tasted amazing especially mine but I thought it was a bit expensive for a one scoop ice cream with waffle cone for $6.00

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

After spending $32 on delicious ice cream, I asked the staff member if I could please purchase an extra empty cup for my daughters ice cream cone as it looked like the ice cream was going to fall off the cone. He appeared to ask the owner/manger who shook his head ‘no’. He then said I could not buy an extra cup and said “why can’t you just squash it down with your fingers?” Disgusting customer service.

2  Thank carolineford
homeawayfromhome2011, Manager at The Marina Ice Creamery, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Perhaps it is the anonymity which you choose to hide behind that makes you comfortable in being untruthful. We ALWAYS provide help when children, or any customer, is having difficultly with their ice cream. We don't however, blithely hand out empty cups or cones simply because someone wants one. There is an obvious reason for this. Customers rarely, as you did, offer to buy an empty cone or cup first off. We are happy to give them out if needed. Do not accuse me of saying such a ridiculous thing as telling you to squash it down with your fingers. That is a lie. As a parent surely you can carefully choose the best thing for your child and not berate us unfairly because you chose wrongly. An apology please. And next time find some strength of character and speak to us directly if you have a complaint rather than rushing to social media to vent your spiteful spleen.