“Nice venue for lunch - great pizza!”
Review of George IV Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Picton
George IV Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Picton
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My sister and I stopped in at the George for lunch one Monday in late November 2013, on our travels back to Brisbane. We shared a pizza for lunch, and it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had. We did not stay the night, but saw the accommodation as we walked out the back of the pub. The rooms looked cosy and spacious. We used the facilities and they were very clean. I could imagine it would be a great place on a Sunday afternoon sitting back listening to music and having a few drinks. I hope I have the chance to visit again one day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nvios

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed one night 19/10/13 as a family of five in the family room which was two double beds & a rollaway bed. The beds were comfortable & the room was clean. Flat screen t.v & small fridge with tea & coffee facilities. We stayed here to be close to Trainworks museum at Thirlmere which was a 10 minute drive. The staff here were very friendly which I highly value. The food in the pub was nice but not the best country pub meal we've had. Picton is such a lovely town & bigger than I thought.Pros: Can dine in the beer garden two meters from your bedroom door which is great if you have a few drinks. Clean bedroom. Clean bathrooms. Friendly staff. Coles, bakery etc 1 minute drive away. Live music. Cons: Not much privacy from the bedrooms as they open directly onto the beer garden which means when I opened our bedroom door I exposed my husband who was getting changed. As a suggestion to staff, a screen or petition would be a great idea in front of the bedrooms. The bathrooms are shared & you have to walk across the beer garden to access them. I would overall recommend this pub due to the fact that it is clean with friendly staff, nice food & good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca V
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We dropped by here for lunch on sunday and were very glad we did. With two little ones in tow and a pretty chilly day we managed to snare a table by the cosy open fire. The wait staff were extremely helpful and very friendly, checking on us throughout lunch to see how things were. I only wish we had staff that cared about the patrons as they do in thirroul. We expected pub fare and were really impressed with the food. Definitely exceeded our expectations and priced well. Thankyou we will be back again soon but with even more family next time.

Room Tip: Didn't stay , just came for lunch.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank And1moremakes4
Reviewed 16 March 2013

From the outside this looked liked the place to be. Lots of local attendee's for the pub side of the hotel, live music, live sport on the tv and a bustling crowd.
We checked into our room and found the accommodation to be comfortable with two single beds, a bar fridge with water, and tea/coffee supplies. There is a shared bathroom facility again nothing fancy but very adequate, clean and large.
The pub offers great beer selection, a great vibe and brilliant food. Nothing fancy but very tasty and great portions.
We stayed overnight as we were attending a sports event in Picton and needed an early nights sleep in comfy accommodation. The only down fall the residing in a pub... the lively vibe which we came to love in the pub also carried on into the courtyard which all accommodation opens onto. We struggled for sleep until the music and crowd went home. I suppose we should have expected this on a Friday night, however were disappointed that the pub moved the mosic into the courtyard, or at least should have closed that area off after certain hours to respect any wishes for the hotel guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank JamesUster
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Attended a party and stayed in the rooms. Food was excellent and stylishly presented. Rooms simple and very clean. Band was great and added to the atmosphere. I think they cannot make too many changes due to the AGE of the place -would risk losing the Olde Worlde Charm... Lovely Grapevine covered courtyard.... We'll be back

Room Tip: Affordable and Clean
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MezzzSydney
Reviewed 17 June 2012

First time to visit the George. Food OK, staff very friendly. The band that played was called 'Underwraps'. Great rock band, singer was sensational and very impressed with one of the guitar players who was blind!! Hope to go back when they on again...

Room Tip: Sorry, didn't stay overnight.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank shirley m
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Stayed here 3 months ago, it was comfortable but a little worn then, but we came back Yesterday regardless as the atmosphere is to die for, and were so surprised to see the rooms (5) that we stayed in last time were all modernised, new carpet, paint, heaters and convieniences. It is such an old pub, you really CAN NOT complain about the shared bathrooms! As for value for money I have stayed at campsites that have cost more than this per night! cheap as chips. The publican (Peter) is a very warm and inviting host and has so many good ideas for rejuvenating this Significantly historic NSW establishmnet, We will be coming back for a long while yet (even though I do expect the price to increase per night).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends