“Nice Comfortable Hotel”

Blue Pacific Swansea
Blue Pacific Swansea
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Yeah it is a little out dated but the rooms although small were very clean and the beds comfortable and the staff absolutely lovely. The pool was sparkly clean and inviting although the spa had not been filled but looked to be waiting for the warmer weather. There is a small BBQ area which was in working order. It is not a bad place for 1 or 2 nights. Towels and tea & coffee supplied. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor has a pool view on the wrap around verandah.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mog11y
There are newer reviews for Blue Pacific Swansea

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I bought a deal from Living Social for a 2 night accommodation of which seemed to be a great place for a weekend getaway (unfortunately I only checked their website at the time of my purchase).
This motel is a fraud! My room was dusty with very old furniture and the TV did not have a remote control and the channels did not work for the entire period of our stay. In addition, no one came to clean up the room.
Facilities like spa and sauna were not operational and the pool was closed!
Stay away from this dodgy motel that claim itself a "spa resort".

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank crc2903
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I attempted to stay here on Sunday night. I made a booking through needitnow for a room with a double and single bed. When I arrived I dealt with Michelle who is the manager/owner and very rude. Michelle said that the place is fully booked and that we could have a room with a double bed or two singles. I said no and that I want the room I have booked online and what I had already PAID for! Michelle said too bad and asked me what she wanted me to do about it. She continued to be aggressive and then said that she will kick a lady and a child out of a room so that I could get what I wanted as if she was doing me a massive favour. Michelle then said that maybe we shouldn't stay here which I was really thrown back by and I felt very desciminated against. She then said that we are too early and our room isn't ready and that we would have to wait. I said no the website says we can check in at 2 and it was 2.30. I said that I want my money back and I am absolutely disgusted with how she treated me and my family. I called needitnow who were able to confirm a full refund after they had to speak with Michelle. Whilst I was on the phone to needitnow Michelle continued to yell at me. She called me ridiculous and a drama queen!

As we were leaving another customer returned to reception with her key saying that she just went to who room opened the door and there were children playing computer games in the room already. At that point I decided this is definitely not a safe place to stay and that I would be leaving straight away. We were stranded and had to leave the area as we could not find accommodation. She ruined our long weekend. Do not risk your relaxation time with this dodgy establishment. Pay a tad extra, get treated like a human and you can sleep knowing that you and your family are safe.

Room Tip: Don't book here, that's all the advise I can give.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Ive stayed twice this yr .. The first time in January when i had a great time the lady at reception was polite , kind and very helpful and then again just recently when upon checking in i was confronted by an arrogant man wearin footy shorts .. Not a good look as the public face of the business i would of thought ..

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Gazzo66
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I booked this place because of it's price. My expectations were not high after reading the other reviews. Was pleasantly suprised. Place was a bit tired but hey it's pretty cheap.

My posse celebrated a birthday in the Chinese restaraunt on the premises and very much enjoyed it. Everything was fresh and authentic compared to alot of other Chinese restaurants..

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2012

There seems to be two standards at this motel: Decent and run-down. I personally stayed in a run-downroom and for $79 walk-in price I'm not complaining too much The room was very much so aged and dull but then again clean and quite neat. The TV was probably from early 90s and rest of the furnishing even older. Walls seem thin and the restaurant plays annoying music... bring earplugs (I'm not picky but a long day's drive makes me want to relax!).

However, I got a few peeks of other rooms and indeed there were flat-screen TV.s and more modern furniture. If you're just popping in for a night's stay while driving through: Go for it. Staying for longer period of time? Make sure you get a good room.

I had a look at the website after my stay and it sure paints an optimistic picture about this place. It's an old highway motel and you get what you pay for... period!

Room Tip: To get less highway noise you may want to go for a room in the back. Not sure about the different st...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank viskari
Reviewed 28 December 2011

No words can express how disgustingly horrid every aspect of this "hotel" is. But we are so pissed off that we will try:

-room smelled like cigarette and mould.
-Bed very uncomfortable and had bed bugs.
-Service was the worst experience, everyone was cold and unhelpful. Anytime we had an issue, the staff would say that the manager was not in and they couldn't fix the issue.
-Breakfast was disgusting, the bread was mouldy, there was no milk for the cereal as the milkman didn't go by. And that was the only breakfast option.
-Paid for a deal which included a spa service that we never got because there was no one to provide the service, in fact, even though we booked several weeks beforehand, no one informed us of it and they refused to refund us.
-We also had dinner there which was obviously all frozen food.

Overall the worst hotel experience anyone coluld ever have.

Room Tip: A room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veronique L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swansea
Lake Macquarie Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Caves Beach
Aquarius Motel Belmont
Aquarius Motel Belmont
#3 of 5 in Belmont

Been to Blue Pacific Swansea? Share your experiences!