“Great Indian” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Great Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

While most restaurants were booked out or very full,our chances of eating out inTerrigal on a long weekend were slim .However we noticed an Indian restaurant upstairs that looked like they had some spare tables.
What started out as a few customers ,then turned into customers everywhere.Two of the early customer tables were local regulars, so that always a good sign.
Our entrees and main were full of flavour,fresh and tender.Being BYO with a bottle shop round the corner was a bonus.
Staff were knowledgable and friendly plus has smiles .
Do yourself a favour , take the stairs up to this restaurant,take your drinks and enjoy what is a great Indian restaurant.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Linda P

Gosford, Australia
“Out standing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I love coming here the food it first class and the staff or always very helpfull with any questions that I have about the food.
One thing that you have to try is the beef passanda out of the world :)

• Visited May 2014
Wollongong, Australia
“Food fine, be wary of ordering takeaway !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Ordered from this place based in trip advisor's great reviews. Ordered for home delivery and was advised of 40 minute wait - given it was Saturday night this was absolutely fine. After about 1 hour and 15 minutes with no delivery I called to follow up. As soon as I mentioned I had ordered delivery I was simply told the food was on its way but found this strange as the person on the phone didn't even ask for any details if the order. After another 35 minutes I called back again and this time after giving details of my order was advised that due to a mix up the food was down for pick up not delivery but would be leaving the restaurant immediately.

When the food arrived our order was not complete! I called back to complain and advised the manager I didn't want the good rede liveried but wanted to be reimbursed. I told the manager I was happy for it to be put back on to my card but he insisted the money would be delivered within 20 mins. He then said he was really busy at the moment and said he would phone me back. I got neither a cal back nor did the money turn up! When I was on the phone he said I could come down at any time the next day to get my reimbursement. As I got no phone call or money back I did go back the next day when it was advertised the restaurant would be open but there was no one there and the restaurant was closed.

My family and I are extremely disappointed as the food we did get was actually quite good but the truly awful service overshadowed any plus points!

My mission to get in touch with the restaurant continues......

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Assen, The Netherlands
“Best Indian on the Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We have now had takeaway food from here twice and both times the food has been faultless. We have been after a decent chicken tikka masala and it seems we have found it at this restaurant. Can also highly recommend any lamb dish, the lamb being cooked to perfection for us both times. Eat here and you won't be disappointed.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Lucy S
Sydney, Australia
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Terrigal is full of 'cheap' dining options and sometimes the quality of the food is a bit hit and miss.
Pleased to say the food served here was fresh, full of taste and exactly what we expected. You could tell our meal was prepared after order and not reheated or made with old ingredients. We tried tandoori, curry and a vegetarian lentil dish and all were consistently good.
The dining room was clean, quiet enough to hold a conversation and out of the hustle and bustle of some of the beachside options.
Service was friendly and efficient.
A great option and worth the visit. There also seemed to be a steady flow of locals popping in for take away which is always a good sign!

1 Thank Worldticket