“Let down”

Ranked #18 of 86 Restaurants in Terrigal
Price range: US$11 - US$47
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A favourite amongst visitors and locals, Seasalt is renowned for its spectacular ocean views and thoughtfully prepared seasonal menus. The culinary team, led by Chef Dana Chantler craft the freshest ingredients with a humble finesse. Produce is locally sourced where possible, including freshly picked herbs from the restaurant’s rooftop garden. A window seat will provide uninterrupted views of Terrigal beach. Seasalt is the perfect spot to embrace your holiday mode or celebrate special occasions.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went here mainly for the degustation menu.

Had been before and were very much underwhelmed, but opted to give it another go as we'd heard good things about the degustation menu. And we are Priority Privilege members.

Distinct letdowns were;
Staff attentiveness. From when we received the bottle of wine we were not asked or approached to refill glasses or for a 2nd bottle, perhaps. (We didn't opt for the wines to accompany each course). I wouldn't expect this in a more basic restaurant, but Sea Salt projects fine dining, doesn't it? The staff were fine, but the attentiveness was lacking. No drinks waiter or sommelier.

Overall the food was lacklustre. Some tasty some miniscule and not really worthy of a classy rest't. I hardly recall anything worthy of comment, and I stress that we are NOT food snobs.

One dish was not at all as described. It was - I think - ratatouille, which was definitely NOT on the menu. It was a poor stew.

I was going to write directly to the hotel to complain, but - as you do - never got around to it. like many others, we'll talk with our feet and not return.

2 meals here relatively recently (aside from a odd breakfast) and both not worth a rating above poor.

Maybe it has changed in recent month/weeks?

When compared to RedSalt in CP Hunter Valley......well it cant be compared. Give me RedSalt any day ..........and we live in Terrigal!

Without the PP this was a $240 dinner; very disappointed.

The Beery offers a better feed.

2  Thank coastiesNSW
Lachlan W, Food and Beverage Manager at Seasalt Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear CoastiesNSW,

I appreciate you taking the time to review Seasalt Restaurant.

I am extremely disappointed your experience in Seasalt has not left a positive memory in your mind, and is not at all what we aim to achieve in Seasalt Restaurant or any other Food and Beverage outlets within Crowne Plaza Terrigal.

We have had some major changes in the Seasalt in the past 2-3 months, both in service and the kitchen, with our main feedback being very positive following on from these.

If you could please contact me directly on email logan.daley@ihg.com, I would be able to investigate further how this occurred.

Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had the buffet breakfast. It was a great time of year to go as not packed in May. There was plenty of food which was all beautiful great assortment, staff were lovely. We will be back for sure thank you

Dear Karen L,

Thank you for taking the time to review Seasalt Restaurant.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your breakfast experience. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire F&B department.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Seasalt Restaurant and Crowne Plaza Terrigal in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

we had lovely food, service a little slow but over all a great time. Good restaurant for a romantice dinner or special event.

Lachlan W, Food and Beverage Manager at Seasalt Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Viv W,

Thank you for taking the time to review Seasalt Restaurant.

I am delighted to hear the food met your expectations and you overall had a great night, I have to agree Seasalt is an ideal destination for a special event or a romantic dinner for two.

In regards to your comment that the service was a little slow, please note I will be addressing this with the service team to ensure we are able to grow and exceed expectations in all areas moving forward.

Once again I thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Seasalt Restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful lunch today, Easter Sunday.
Food, service and decorating for Easter was amazing! Thanks so much.
Will be coming again next year and bring many with us. Well done!

Lachlan W, Manager at Seasalt Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear TheGreyMatter2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Easter Sunday lunch that was hosted in Seasalt Restaurant.

I am so pleased you enjoyed the entire experience; food, service and decoration, the team worked very hard on creating a day that would stay in the minds of those that attended for a very long time, and I am so proud to say I believe this was achieved.

Looking forward to welcoming you back next year for our Easter Lunch and also at other events we host throughout 2014.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We were staying at the Crowne Plaza and thought we'd pop in for the buffet breakfast. Our package didn't include it, so it was $38pp. The breakfast was perfectly adequate and what you'd expect from a premium hotel, but not at the outstanding level I've experienced at some 5 star resorts. They do cook eggs fresh to order, which is a plus, but some of the buffet options were looking a little tired and like they hadn't been refilled in a while.
However, with the stunning beach views from the tables, this makes a convenient location for breakfast. My tip is to try it once then decide if you want a repeat or you (like me) will end up having breakfast downstairs at Aromas.

Management response:Responded 17 April 2014

Dear Emily77,

Thank you for taking the time to review the breakfast offerings at Seasalt Restaurant.

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed the view over Terrigal beach, and the chef cooking eggs to order in the restaurant.
I am disappointed that you only rate the rest of the breakfast experience as adequate; please rest assured we take all feedback seriously, and I am currently in the process of reviewing the breakfast offerings with our Executive Sous Chef to ensure we are offering hearty yet healthy options that will please all taste buds and leave our guests craving for more.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Terrigal and of course, Seasalt Restaurant.