Summary of our stay on a tent site at Norah Head Holiday Park:
1. Being school holidays the park was overflowing and so were the bins, they were not emptied anywhere as often as they should have been.
2. Our tent site was practically a dirty sand pit, hardly any grass. On a positive note, we did seem to have one of the worst sites in all of the park.
3. Our tent site had rubbish all over of it when we arrived. There were burst water balloons, bottle tops and other rubbish all over ours and our friends sites. I'll be recommending that park staff use the 1 hour between check out and check in to inspect the sites and clean it before the new guests arrive!
4. The jumping pillow was not working almost the whole week we stayed and this was during school holidays! It got fixed the day before we left. Other reviews of this park also say the jumping pillow was broken during their stay.
5. The pool was murky and full of hair. I know it's hard to keep a pool clean with so many people in it, so I didn't use it too much unfortunately.
6. No shade except for what you take with you for the majority of the sites.
1. Location is good, near to the beach as well as a waveless beach with a rock pool a short drive away for the younger kids
2. The park shop is always stocked (plenty of ice, fresh bread, milk, etc)
3. Laundry facilities are good
We won't be going back. It does have the potential to be a really great place to stay so hopefully the people that run the park listen to the feedback from their guests and make the improvements needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belt on your wakeboard and get ready to kick up some spray! Norah Head is a haven of water sports that are great fun for young and old. A brisk walk through the quiet scrub is all that's between you and the sun, surf and sand. Our prime location gives visitors unfettered access to two beaches; go for a swim in the sparkling waters of either the Lakes or Soldiers Point beaches in the shadow of the historic Norah Head Lighthouse. The beaches are a drawcard for families and surf aficionados. Soldiers Beach is just a walk away and offers surfing opportunities famous throughout Australia, as it regularly hosts the Hot Tuna Central Coast Pro surf competition. The Lakes Beach is also popular and is patrolled throughout the holiday season and beyond. The beach is generally calm and therefore is great for families. The attractiveness of this beautiful beach is compounded by the many rock pools you'll find there, which are great for the children to go exploring in. If it is something a little more relaxing you are after, cast a line into the ocean and just wait for the fish to bite. Chances are you will not be waiting long either! For the accomplished fisherman Lakes Beach is the ideal spot for you to launch your next deep sea fishing adventure. Norah Head offers visitors numerous accommodation options. Caravan sites are available throughout the year. They are available in powered or unpowered varieties and provide easy access to amenities. Comfort seekers are amply provided for, with seven different types of cabins to choose from, all of them just a short walk from the beaches that make Norah Head famous. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Norah Head Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.