“Motor-Inn”

El Lago Waters Resort
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in The Entrance
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a family event in The Entrance and stayed two nights with other family members in different room options.
First I would like to point out that that the definition of a 'Resort' is a place you stay at on holidays and I have seen some wonderful and some not so. This resort is a Motor Inn as it sign suggests and it also has a caravan park just up the road, so handy for the grey nomads and is reasonably priced.
Our Executive Room which is a contradiction in terms, it was a small room and was clean and tidy but needs some TLC and modernisation, the cover over the tissue box fell off all the time and painted (peeling off) tiles in the bathroom!!! This room should be labelled as a Double Room and priced accordingly, it did have a view of the swimming pool and of the Entrance. We paid $90 (online price) and not the standard rate of $250 which I would not have paid. We looked at the family room and for the same price (on-line) it was a much better room. Due to the shortage of staff our room was not made up on day two and we accepted an apology from the office.
The El Largo has a restaurant that is open for a $20 breakfast (does not open for lunch or dinner) and the times fluctuate to the signage - it was easier to breakfast just up the road for $7 per person.
This Motor-Inn is very handy to the shops and restaurants of The Entrance and a nice walkway along the water front.
The staff were very friendly and helpful but on two occasions I could hear them discuss their pay and conditions - in that they haven't been paid or their super had not been paid up to date, disgruntled staff may lead to some of the small problems encountered.
If the price is right I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Not worth the extra money for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Stan J

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Staff very friendly and helpful on arrival. Room was nice and clean, bed comfy, close to everything, the pool looked nice and clean, nice views from the balcony. I found the place quite comfortable and would probably stay there again. The only real downside was we had to lug our baggage up 3 or more flights of stairs.

Room Tip: Elderly or those with problems using stairs should request a ground floor room as there are no lifts...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very clean, nice room with lake side view,, good balcony .. N i would say it was reli wonderful staying thr.. I will definitly stay thr next tym..
the rooms were clean
Excellent feeling
The pool is clean n neat
The barbecue area makes it wonderful to stay n cook ur own food
Good service

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We recently purchased a scoopon voucher and we were extremely dissappointed in the accomodation. The room wasn't very clean, the bathroom had mould and the small outdoor area overlooking the pool was dirty and mouldy. We were led to believe breakfast was included but upon arriving to breakfast we were informed we were only able to have cereal and toast or pay extra again. It is very run down and in need of work. The pictures are extremely misleading. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janine H
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We couldn't wait to go back home. The room is old and has a door that leads to the next room. I could hear them coughing and snoring. Was very concerned about our privacy. There was a noisy vent outside. Very uncomfortable mattress. Was supposed to be a quite getaway. Was anything but that.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank ydydyd
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was hesitating between 2/5 and 3/5 when I was rating this *motel*.
I absolutely loved the location. It is at the water side and a very convenient location where you can walk to cafes and restaurants.
This is not a resort. I call it motel. It is very very old and run down building which seriously needs a renovation, or even a re-building.
One shocking experience was, the hot water ran out at 7pm in the evening. I called the reception and they said 'oh it is because everybody is having a shower. You have to wait till the later evening once the heater reheats the water'. I was shocked. So their motel is designed to provide hot water only when not many people have a shower....???
SO the conclusion is, if you are not fussy with where you sleep and prefer to have a better location than a clean bed, then go for it. You won't regret.

Room Tip: When they advertise the rooms as 'lake view' or 'swimming pool access' blahblah, the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kimchigirl713
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I enjoyed a weekend away with my girlfriends after purchasing a scoopon voucher. I wasn't expecting much after reading the reviews, obviously the hotel is dated and tired but it is clean and comfortable. The girls on the desk were helpful, rooms were serviced on both days we were there and the location is fabulous. They really do need a spruce up of their breakfasts though, a new toaster and perhaps a better selection of the full buffet breakfast. I had a look and it didn't appeal so I stuck with the continental which was sufficient. The $190 we paid for the room for two nights with breakfasts was fine with me and I would go back again in quiet season. Can see they would struggle in peak.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
#2 of 9 in The Entrance
The Lakes Hotel,  The Entrance
The Lakes Hotel, The Entrance
#3 of 5 in The Entrance

Been to El Lago Waters Resort? Share your experiences!