“Location”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Thredbo Village
Sydney Olympic Park, Australia
“Location”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a relatively small hotel whose best feature is its location opposite the main Crackenback slopes. However, as a seasonal hotel it has some shortcomings. Our twin bed room had a small bathroom with limited water pressure in the shower. The room door (which was outside the main hotel structure) had clearly swollen over time and was hard to open and close. The outside windows were not insulated which resulted in considerable fogging. The towels were not first class hotel standard (small with reduced thread). However, none of these things made for a bad experience. On the plus side the Terrace bar was a great place to have a drink after skiing and the staff were very helpful on our last day - holding our bags after checking out and making available a guest bathroom (with fresh towel) to refresh before heading home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank zlejins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had been to The Denman restaurant a few times before and was so impressed with the quality of the food and service that I decided to go and stay with a friend for a long weekend. The Hotel does not disappoint, this is the best place that I have stayed in Thredbo by a long way.

The Location is perfect, a short walk from the lifts and the centre of town for shopping, eating and drinking.

The restaurant is fantastic, I can't recommend this enough. A fantastic menu, superb ingredients, fantastic cooking and great service.

The Après bar - this is highlight for me. Amazing cocktails and drink selection. Cosy atmosphere early on and then when the live music starts it’s a lot of fun. This is a must whether you are staying at the hotel or not.

The Hotel - I stayed in a great room at the front of the hotel with a fantastic view of the mountain. The room was quiet and the bed was comfy. I slept so well each night and felt really refreshed for breakfast each morning. The best thing about the hotel is the service. Judy and Ed the owners, make you feel so welcome and really make a big effort with every guest.

Overall I can't recommend this enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Mountain Views. Such a create view to wake up to each morning.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank willsantry
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked for a long weekend, late Friday for two couples, supposedly a two bedroom suite. One of the couples, changed their mind on the dates. I called first thing Monday morning,after that weekend manager / owner - gave "NO FLEXIBILITY". Making it quite clear she had billed my credit card and it was my bad luck. Even after telling me how busy they were. No hope of changing a booking to another weekend ! Upon arrival, I was told I had to park my new Range Rover 2-3 klms away in a public no secure car park. Our two bedroom apartment, or should I say, one bedroom - with two beds shoved in the living area. My guests, rather than having to disturb us during the night, to use the only bathroom off our bedroom, had to fully dress go outside to use public hotel area. Mould on the bathroom ceiling. You could every flush and movement upstairs. Then to top it off, the sewerage tank over flowed under the foyer area, near entrance to restaurant. Thankfully the handyman, plumber worked all night, using noisy equipment to fix the problem. The smell, which they tried to disguise with lime powders was terrible. This resort reminded me of aback packer experience, 2 Stars at best. The only way I would go back here is with a gun to my head !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank philip001223

Travellers are raving about these Thredbo Village hotels

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I just returned from a beautiful weekend at The Denman. This was my 3rd year staying at the hotel & each time it just gets better! Judy & Ed, the wonderful hosts greet you like old friends & make you feel perfectly at home from the minute you walk through the door. I stayed in a balcony room which was lovely & cosy with a spectacular view of the mountain! The bed was like sleeping in a cloud-very comfy indeed! On the night we arrived we had dinner in the hotel restaurant. I had the salmon which was delicious. The staff at the restaurant were very knowledgeable about the menu & were spot on with their recommendations! After dinner we headed downstairs to the Après bar which was great. We had only intended to have one drink & go somewhere else but John the bar guy was hilarious & whipped up possibly the best espresso martini I have ever tasted & we ended up drinking here both nights! The hotel is really close to the local square, shops and the chair lifts. Unfortunately there wasn't enough snow to ski when we were there but I'm thinking of coming back later in the season to try my luck again! I honestly couldn't speak highly enough of this hotel-I'll definitely be back! Thanks again Judy & Ed & your team! It's always a pleasure! Ten out of ten! :)

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Madeleine_Eliza
Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel late at night - we received a very friendly greeting in spite of the fact our late arrival was not convenient. Our room was on the second floor (and there isn't an elevator but that didn't matter) and, when we awoke the next morning, we saw a great view of the ski hill (without snow). We were there in early June and the snow was about a month late. Breakfast was included and was served in a very nice dining room which is also a full-blown restaurant. The owner spent some time with us chatting about the area which we thoroughly enjoyed. We wished we didn't have to leave so soon! We would definitely recommend this hotel for skiers or non-skiers alike.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ASouthAfricaFan
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a great hotel. Lots of stairs to get to our room but it was worth it. Room was nice and clean with a great mountain view. Judy at the front desk was very helpful giving us advice on where to go for a run, and how to get to chairlift, etc. Breakfast was very nice and fresh, the restaurant and library rooms were nice and cosy. Will come back here again to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Denman for the weekend and loved it. The rooms are small but that's exactly what you can expect from a mountain chalet. Everything is clean and tidy and I can honestly say I had the best two nights sleep, beds were super comfy and the views from the room we stayed in was amazing. Judy who runs the hotel made us feel so welcome and like valued guests from the minute we got there. The downstairs bar has great food and John the bar guy makes a wicked cocktail! We'll be back for sure.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
#3 of 8 in Perisher Valley
Lantern Apartments
Lantern Apartments
#3 of 24 in Thredbo Village

Been to The Denman Hotel Thredbo? Share your experiences!