“fifth time there- economy”

Comfort Inn Tweed Heads
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Tweed Heads
port macquarie
“fifth time there- economy”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We were always looking for a reasonable overnight stop on the way tp the woodford folk festival. I suspect its a bit of a reps motel and is low occupancy in holiday times .. we usualy stay chrissy eve. The family rooms are not good we have stayed previously with an airless window less childrens room out the back but for the priceare acceptable but better if you leave the doors open so the aircon penetrates. It has an extended car park so i and my travelling mates can leave our trailers attached in the carpark for a quick getaway in the morning.Free wifi but slow, pool was icy even though it was a hot day. Basic and works, Much better than a cheaper place down the road nearby that i tried another time

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stratford on Avon England
Reviewed 22 December 2011

When you arrive at Gold Coast airport go outside to the local bus stance and board Bus No.
761 for Tweed Heads. Get off the bus at Tweed Heads Mall and walk for 10 mins southward to find The Comfort Inn which is directly opposite the world renowned Tweed Heads Bowling Club Complex.

Mrs Alison Peasey and her her husband are perfect hosts. The Maid Room Service is very efficient. Rooms are large and spotlessly clean with airconditioning and latest Flat Screen TV
and web connectivity.

I went back a second time on Dec 11 for 5 days and enjoyed once more this quiet location.

Room Tip: Both Up and Downstair level rooms are similarly appointed with good sound proofing unless you are un...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank wombatracer
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I stayed at the Novatel chain throughout my 3 weeks travel in Australia except for this one night where I had to stay in Tweed Heads to catch an early flight at the Gold Coast airport the next morning. There is only one other review here on tripadvisor so I wasn't sure whether this place would live up to my expectations. My experience with Comfort Inn has been very positive in the states so I took a leap of faith and booked this place, and I'm happy to say that this Comfort Inn does not disappoint either.

The lady at check-in and check-out (the same lady working both shifts!!!) was very friendly and welcoming. The room is a bit dated but clean and comfortable. Having an extra couch was nice because we have 2 kids with us. I was also pleasantly surprise when I spotted a toaster in the room so we can make our own toasts. In Australia, good food is extremely hard to come by so we resolved to eat a lot of PBJ. Being able to toast our bread that morning was a nice addition.

Overall, the place was decent and quiet. It looks very much like a motel. We used the coin-op washer/dryer to do the laundry and they work great. Check-in/out was easy and the staff was pleasant. The location is very close to the Gold Coast airport so this is an ideal spot to spend a night to catch an early flight. Given the choices in the area, I would say this Comfort Inn is a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank HipHipHop
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2010

My boyfriend and I spent one night here while visiting Tweed Heads. Comfort Inn Bayswater is one of a number of motels on Wharf St, we chose it because it was open (it was 9.30pm, last minute decision to stay), and it had a bath tub. It looked a bit newer than some of the other choices.

The room was large and clean with a fully stocked mini bar. The air con was fantastic, though it seemed to be set at 19 degrees (maybe I just couldn't work the remote). The bathroom was new and clean and there was soap and shampoo provided. The motel seemed to be quite busy but we didn't see or hear anyone else during our stay.

Don't stay here if you want to walk to the beach, but it's only a few minutes drive to Coolangatta shops and beaches. We paid a reasonable price considering it was still peak season. I'd be happy to come back again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Tweed Heads
Blue Pelican Motel
Blue Pelican Motel
#7 of 12 in Tweed Heads

Been to Comfort Inn Tweed Heads? Share your experiences!