“Always fresh”

Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Tweed Heads
Cuisines: Fast food
“Always fresh”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The fish is always fresh. You can pick out your own and take it home to cook or they will cook it for you. Sometimes they get the order a bit wrong but they always come good

• Indonesian first
Tweed Heads, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Takeaway Seafood Coolangatta/Tweed Heads Area”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Service is excellent and Seafood is even better. I am a local resident to the area and have been to Scales Seafood on may occasions and have never been disappointed. It would be great if they would consider doing hamburgers as not everyone in my family eats seafood. For any visitors to our area I highly recommend Scales as a must visit for lunch or dinner during your stay.

1 Thank timsam28
Tweed Heads
“Fresh Seafood”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Scales seafood has the best fresh seafood, great variety at good prices. They will also cook it for you. You can ring and place an order to be picked up if you don't want to wait.

Murwillumbah, Australia
“Fillets aren't supposed to have scales!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We decided to have some fresh fish for dinner and decided to see what scales had to offer. We asked the person behind the counter about which fish to buy. The fish that was recommended was bland, had scales and bones in every bite. Much to our disappointment.

Brisbane, Australia
“A local's recommendation”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

A local suggested Scales, saying it had the best seafood in Tweed Heads and that's where her family went all the time. That was very good advice.
The cost was minimal, $5 for fish and chips. Never have I experienced such a wide choice of fish (six varieties from which to choose) with chips for such a low price. My tailor and chips was cooked to my liking, my friend's dory was slightly undercooked according to her taste. Scales was extremely busy - as we were told it would be - and I'm sure in such circumstances, it's difficult to cater for everyone's precise needs - and for such a low cost.
The business also sells a variety of fresh seafood. It reminded me of a much smaller version of the popular Morgans, Redcliffe for those who’ve visited there. You couldn't, however, buy fish and chips at Morgans for $5 - nowhere near that.
We ate our meal across the road - excellent setting on the bank of the Tweed River where seating is available.
The visit to Scales reinforces my belief that when a visitor, one should always ask the locals.