“Truffle par excellence”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Had lunch last Saturday with my wife and friend Ronda. Lucky I remembered our fabulous dining at Vita last year when it was truffle month. Superb truffle pizza was shared before a main of truffle gnocchi. I can't praise chef Carl enough as this restaurant is better than most I have dined in around the world.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Just stumbled onto this cafe, that is more correctly called a restaurant. I had Plate du jour....incredible chicken with chestnuts and celeriac. It was amazing!

1  Thank Michelle J
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

If the main reason you dine out is for the food then Vita is the place to go.This gem, hidden in small town Wangi Wangi is cosy & the decor is basic but these things are irrelevant if you're looking for favourful food & friendly service.

My friend & I went for dinner & had entrées, mains & shared a dessert. We both thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful & thought we'd died & gone to foodie heaven when we ate the slow cooked beef cheeks - yum!!!

We're heading back tomorrow for fresh cooked pastries for breakkie but will both be back for dinner again soon.

1  Thank Fiona R
Reviewed 8 May 2017

I was shocked to read someone had said it's the best café in the world. Obviously they need to get out a little more because, what this place has to offer is food really. In the other areas they need to upgrade somewhat.
If you go for lunch, as we have done a few times, what you can expect is to have to go to a counter, stand in a queue and wait who knows how long to merely place your order. Should you wish to go to the toilet at any time you may well be less than pleased at the facilities.
Having said that, we return for a reason, and that is the food. Their crusty savoury rolls are nothing short of delicious and their pastries, something I'm partial to, go very well with your chosen beverage, itself up to standard as well.
The owners are trying to upgrade and do some interesting modifications but, at the moment, are hamstrung by a non sympathetic council, might I empathise with them there.
The staff are enthusiastic and friendly when you finally get to meet them.
The setting is average, though with much potential, and one hopes that this place will forge ahead because Wangi Wangi is clearly going through a renaissance of becoming a trendy place to eat.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

We joined friends who are frequent diners at Vita and we had a great evening. Basic decor belies the great food and obliging service. The BYO option was great and even though the place was packed and a tad noisy I would always opt for a busy joint than an empty one! The proprietor would get a pat on the back if they tidied up the bathroom and made it look less like a storeroom though
The bottom line is I would return and try other offerings on the menu