After 14 hours of driving all we wanted was a cold beer, a decent meal and a good nights sleep.
It started at check-in and just got progressively worse...there was no proactive direction or assistance to locate the lifts which are tucked away so we wandered around aimlessly for a couple minutes until I could speak to one of the front of house staff who were all very busy "processing" other guests ... not a good start... we thought it was just us but later whilst we were having a pre-dinner drink at the bar we had to direct seven sets of individual guest who were wandering around "lost" looking for the lifts - a simple hand direction "lifts are just through there folks" from the front of house staff would have been helpful to tired travellers.
Bar and food prices are in line with 4 star establishments however we chose to eat across the road at the Rowing Club - great food - great service and roughly 1/2 the price of the Mercure.. free membership for visitors.
Currently there is construction work in progress at the Mercure which severely restricts parking bays and would be a challenge for those seeking day rooms.
Our room (404) was a disaster and after driving for the previous 14 hours it was only total fatigue that allowed me to catch just 2-3 hours broken sleep due to aircon/fridge noise and vibration factors, and I couldn't be fagged with going through the tribulation of a room shift at that late stage. My wife however got zero sleep so I suffered her frustration and fatigue for a few hours the next morning.
Aircon in the room vibrated to the extent that we were unable to sleep unless it was off - had to turn the TV volume up to 32 just to hear the ABC news at 7pm.
Fridge noise was just as bad and I would have turned it off too if I could have found the switch.
Faeces stain on toilet bowl
Car parking @ $20/night
Wi-Fi @ $24/night
NO mini bar
Tea/coffee milk in room but only one cup - so I had to have my morning wakeup coffee in glass cradled in a wet face cloth to stop the contents from burning my hands.
All in all a very disappointing experience - definitely would be reluctant to recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Sydney International Airport is conveniently located near both the international and domestic airport terminals, adjacent to the 18 hole Kogarah Golf Club and only 15 minutes from the city centre. Situated on the Cooks River and surrounded by parklands, the hotel features 271 modern accommodation rooms with no disturbance from plane take off or landing. Convenience is ensured with Wolli Creek train station a 5 minute walk away as well as a Bar and Restaurant on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Sydney International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Sydney Airport Hotel Wolli Creek
- Mercure Wolli Creek
- Mercure Hotel Sydney Airport
- Mercure Sydney International Airport Australia/Wolli Creek