“Fantastic”

Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tony Stella's Encore combines passion for food, wine & craft cocktail into one truly memorable experience.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was the first time we ate here and will not be the last. Tony is great!!! He makes you feel like you have known him forever and you feel at home. The waitresses are very good. They have Gluten Free Pasta and will make any dish you want GF. The Italian food is just like my mom and I make!! Everything, the apps, salads(great dressing) dinners and deserts are all top notch. We can't wait to go back!! You must stop in and try it.

2  Thank JY2eaRS91

Reviewed 15 April 2014

great relaxing lunch. we visited Jim Thorpe last Saturday and this was a perfect place for lunch. everyone was friendly and helpful, food was delicious and being able to sit outside on a gorgeous day was priceless (especially after the winter we just had in north east PA!) crab-cake sandwich and spicy french fries were excellent. restaurant is in a really cool and beautiful building. if you visit Jim Thorpe do not skip stopping here for a meal. can't wait to go back

2  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great ambiance, great food, personal,service. Owner Tony Stella waits on customers, making sure their experience goes well. He's not afraid to bring you a drink or bring out your dish. He is fully hands on! There is a chef! We were there for lunch and dinner and the food was unforgettable! Tony knew we were celebrating our 30th anniversary so that evening he waited on us himself and we got food not on the remedially menu! He took care of us from start to finish! It was an amazing very personal experience!

2  Thank Gracegirl29
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Having had dinner with Tony and the delightful Katherine on Friday and Saturday evening I just wanted t o say that this is the place to visit. Presentation, taste, fun, excellent service, it truly was a great experience. Saturday evenings the music provided by Melissa is like a step back in time to a supper club. I really do not usually rave but I must say that Tony's place is where you want to go.

3  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My boyfriend and I were staying a few blocks down the street, and we stopped in here on a whim for a beer. Tony (I think) was very welcoming and directed us to the bar. The bar area was super inviting with a fireplace and wood everywhere. I think the bartender said the building was built in the mid 1800s? She also said it was the second oldest absinthe distillery in the country. I wish I would've caught her name, because she was wonderful. We're not used to friendly, attentive, and personable bartenders, and it was refreshing. She gave us the whole history on the town, the bar, the inn we were staying at, what to do, etc. Heads up...apparently this place is haunted, but I'm pretty sure the whole town is anyways.The absinthe she prepared for us was pretty awesome, and the presentation was great. I would love to come back here and try the food on our next visit. Thanks again, everyone was wonderful!!

3  Thank Katie Z