“My Birthday Dinner”

Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tony Stella's Encore combines passion for food, wine & craft cocktail into one truly memorable experience.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were staying at the Harry Packer Mansion, and looking for a place in town to eat. This was one of the few places to offer a filet, so my wife and I decided to make reservations on a Sunday night. When we arrived, it was quite quiet, and talking with Annette (our waitress) she explained Sundays usually were quiet this early in the season. When we sat down, it was just my wife and myself in the restaurant.

Instead of it being awkward, it was a great evening. We spent the night talking with Catherine and Annette as we ate, and they helped make my birthday so much more fun. The food was excellent, the wine very good, and the atmosphere of the restaurant was warm and inviting. What could have have been a very quiet evening of just my wife and I sitting in a nice, quiet restaurant, was so much better because of our interactions with Annette and Catherine.

The steak I wanted for dinner came out with a birthday candle in it, in case I didn't make it to dessert, they said. (I did make it to dessert, and I got another candle as well!) Initially we were concerned that they had to stay because of us, but they made us feel completely welcome the entire time. In fact, instead of closing and kicking us out at 9, they sat with us and let us drink wine until the owner came to close the restaurant at 10 (who also invited us to stay longer for drinks!)

We hadn't even left, and my wife was making plans to return for our anniversary dinner! This was one of the most enjoyable times we've had at a restaurant.

3  Thank John H

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This restaurant combines delicious food, beautifully plated...with a comfortable, but fine dining atmosphere. We found it to be very inviting and look forward to returning to enjoy the food and the experience again!

3  Thank gem47
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was the first time we ate here and will not be the last. Tony is great!!! He makes you feel like you have known him forever and you feel at home. The waitresses are very good. They have Gluten Free Pasta and will make any dish you want GF. The Italian food is just like my mom and I make!! Everything, the apps, salads(great dressing) dinners and deserts are all top notch. We can't wait to go back!! You must stop in and try it.

2  Thank JY2eaRS91
Reviewed 15 April 2014

great relaxing lunch. we visited Jim Thorpe last Saturday and this was a perfect place for lunch. everyone was friendly and helpful, food was delicious and being able to sit outside on a gorgeous day was priceless (especially after the winter we just had in north east PA!) crab-cake sandwich and spicy french fries were excellent. restaurant is in a really cool and beautiful building. if you visit Jim Thorpe do not skip stopping here for a meal. can't wait to go back

2  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great ambiance, great food, personal,service. Owner Tony Stella waits on customers, making sure their experience goes well. He's not afraid to bring you a drink or bring out your dish. He is fully hands on! There is a chef! We were there for lunch and dinner and the food was unforgettable! Tony knew we were celebrating our 30th anniversary so that evening he waited on us himself and we got food not on the remedially menu! He took care of us from start to finish! It was an amazing very personal experience!

2  Thank Gracegirl29