“Best food and experience in town”
Review of Encore

Encore
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cozy, warm and intimate atmosphere. Restored 1860's mansion with original woodwork and fireplaces. Casual or elegant...we are what you make us to be. We are all about the experience you'll have. Resident entertainer Melissa Van Fleet performing smooth, sultry jazz every weekend. Everything is TOP SHELF especially the presentation and staff dedicated to the utmost in service.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is the place to try REAL Absinthe with sugar and water Louche ... we loved it. Perhaps a once in my lifetime share with our 20's kids. The food was the best in a town, but expect to pay it's worth. Also its been years since having banana foster and Tony has a permanent station in the middle of the restaurant. On our second visit there during our 3 day vacation he made a double quantity that was not to be missed. We would eat there once a week forever.

3  Thank TomCatMDs

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I heard many other excellent reviews about Tony Stella's, so when our "Date Night" took us there, I was pleasantly surprised that it had fully exceeded all expectations! The food was incredible, and Tony and his staff were incredible. The setting is beautiful and romantic, and the atmosphere is elegant and comfortable. I highly recommend Encore for anyone wishing to have a classy evening in beautiful Jim Thorpe.

4  Thank EmmaRoseBoyle
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I'm ready for an encore of Tony Stella's Encore. Tony's table side description of dishes is dinner theatre at its finest. A real showman that has an amazing flair for detail that will have your mouth watering by the time he's finished explains the dishes.

I was a bit skeptical that it was all show, but Tony delivered a masterpiece of a meal. His family recipe Bass was incredible. A melt in your mouth experience with the perfect citrus notes.

The atmosphere is this historic mansion was also dead on. Complete with a pianist/singer that took my wife and I's request of Mr. Bo Jangles and Sound Gardens Black Hole Sun and turned them into a romantic medley.

We picked Jim Thorpe solely for its proximity to the river, but the mix of architecture, geographic beauty and the blow you away experience at Tony Stella's will make this a repeat getaway destination for years to come.

Tony, your the Tops!

William and Naomi

5  Thank William C
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I went to Encore for our anniversary and we were treated to a wonderful meal with excellent service. Great drink specials, excellent specials and menu items, and a wonderful cannoli cake!!! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. Enjoy!

3  Thank JTPITT
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We were still in Jim Thorpe after our son's wedding, and walked around to find a dinner spot on Sunday evening. We chose Tony Stella's Encore- a lovely romantic outdoor patio. Who knew such fantastic food was available right here?! Tony himself introduced the food in delicious detail. I can't describe it adequately but I'll try to tell you how this was so wonderful! The Stellatini martini was fresh and quenching. We had an amazing appetizer of succulent filet mignon tips seated in a creative cheese shell, cradled in blue cheese and greens, with fresh berries,elegantly displayed. Then came a signature soup of tomato and basil with cheese that was beyond compare! Next, the luscious pork tenderloin with a Grand Marnier cherry sauce was almost too gorgeous to eat, but we loved it! Beautifully presented with tiny tender asparagus, greens and an edible orchid, it was just as tasty as it was great to look at. For dessert we shared the fluffy lemon curd white cake with crushed pineapple and coconut. It tasted just like summer! We would gladly return here for another very memorable meal. If you are ever in Jim Thorpe and you appreciate truly fine food, this is THE place to eat. Thanks, Tony!

4  Thank ImDrMom