“JIM THORPE CAMPGROUND - FOR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
Jim Thorpe Camping Resort
Marlton, New Jersey
“JIM THORPE CAMPGROUND - FOR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I have been visiting the Jim Thorpe area since the early 1980's. During the course of this time my family and I have stayed in the hotels, campgrounds and B&B's. We visit all 4 seasons and have many wonderful memories. The best memories are our visits to the Town and our many stays at Jim Thorpe Campground. I have recomended Jim Thorpe Campground to dozens of friends and relatives most of wich have returned because of the pleasant experience they had.

Over the past 30+ years I have watched any and all that behave with disrespect to their neighbors, private property, and the enviorment told to leave the area by both establishment owners and local authorities. The reason we go to Jim Thorpe and the Jim Thorpe Campground is to have fun fishing, hiking and of course the rafting.

During the past 3-4 years there is only one campground I was unable to get a reservation to visit and this was because Jim Thorpe Campgroung was booked and it was booked because it is a great place to visit where family and friends have a great time and bums and wanna be thugs are not allowed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank gjarnoldjr

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bucks County, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

If you want to hang out in what seems like a refugee camp (meaning crowded), then come here. We stayed here for a fun weekend, and thought twice about our choice of establishments to employ for a night's stay. The town of Jim Thorpe is nice even though I despise tourists from growing up in the area, because a good majority of them are rude. You can hear the music blasting from the road while driving past this place at 45 mph.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank hypo_theories

Travellers are raving about these Jim Thorpe hotels

Cape May, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

From what me and my family saw this guy the owner should have management company run this place who in there right mind would be so nasty to people comin to stay at his resort {owner} ever here of word of mouth is how people find you let me tell you when employee go round saying the F_word and you the owner getting in people faces word of mouth leaves campers minds i would go back but only if a management coumpany runs it you and your staff need a little church and anger management.

12 Thank nastycamp
AC, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

My family and I got 4 cabins all together, that was the only positive thing I can say! I do not have enough words to express how nasty these people are! I checked in only one cabin on a Thurs at 230pm, went to drop my stuff off and notice an ant problem inside the cabin. I asked to have someone come and spray that I would be in town all day, at 8pm when I returned no one had ever come so I decided to stay elsewhere since there is no one there to help after the office closed at 8pm. The next day my entire family, 20 of us came to check in to all the cabins and found that the ants were still there, It took the entire day of spraying over and over and used 2 cans of ant spray to get rid of them. the next day a guy (the owner) came flying up into our camp site on his golf cart cursing at me and my sweet grandmother who was mortified only because we had a visitor arrive and we were not aware she had to "register and pay a $10 fee" just to come say hi. We went to the office to register her and he proceeded to CURSE at us and tell her to get off the -- property or he would call the cops on us! We were simply doing as he asked and went to register her, but he continued to scream and curse at us. We did later find out that he is known for kicking people out for NO REASON and having cursing episodes at most campers! If you have children do not take the chance, this guy is really mean and nasty! NOTE: We have camped at the Mauch Chunk Lake for 8 years in a row, but the site we really like was not available so we decided to try this place out....I WILL NEVER RETURN HERE AND WILL BE GOING BACK TO THE MAUCH CHUNK LAKE where they are hospitable and appreciate your business!

12 Thank ACopinionAc_Nj
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND INCOMPETENT BOOKKEEPING. CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS!!
We were warned by Jim Thorpe locals about this campground but decided to stay here because it was cheap and when we stayed here last year, it was fine. With high hopes, we booked 4 months in advance: 3 cabins together for our family. We even requested specific cabin numbers and was told it was no problem. I confirmed our reservations a week before our trip.
First, our credit card had been charged twice for the deposit and after 3 phone calls and 2 emails, I finally got someone on the phone who rudely claimed it had been refunded.

Second, when we arrived at the campground, not only were our three cabins nowhere near each other, but two of the cabins were in the worst spot on the campground-right by the entrance-no trees, on top of the playground and pool and practically on the road. When I asked the girl at the desk why our request for three cabins together had not been honored, she said we could have our money back. I asked her where else we would stay since everything was booked and she just shrugged. I asked her why we had the worst cabins in the campground and she said that was our opinion. It was unreal. They were totally unapologetic and rude. Our family vacation was not at all what we expected, unfortunately.
While I was checking out, I overheard another family complaining about being charged twice and the employee said she couldn't tell what had been charged to their card, but wait a week and check back. That kind of accounting should be illegal!
Other reviews of this place are correct-the bathrooms are disgusting, the noise level is outrageous and the owners are unbelievably rude and ungracious. Not the place to take your family or spend a relaxing weekend.

9 Thank SimieMom
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

My husband and I camped here along with a friend from Friday 6/24 through Sunday 6/26. We had not camped in a long time and were excited to get to our site after check in. Our tent site was large but close to the road. I was worried the traffic might keep us awake. It turns out it was the rude, obnoxious campers 3 trailers down who thought it was acceptable to hoot and hollar until 5am!!! By saturday night, the majority of the campsites were filled by tents or RVs.

On the positive side, the campsite is very clean, the bathrooms and showers are also very well kept. There is a store, gameroom, laundry room, pool, playground, and horseshoe pit on site. They also allow pets, provided they are on a leash. The campsite itself was nice and everything we needed was a short walk away. The girl at the front desk was cordial despite being very busy.

Although the overall campsite was good, I'm not sure I would stay again as quiet hours were clearly not enforced and if you own an RV, be prepared to make nice with your neighbors, they won't be far away.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank gak146
Wenonah, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

We camped here in a 34 ft travel trailer. We arrived after dark on a Friday night. There was one girl who was covering the check ins at the counter. We asked to have someone take us to the site, (it's not easy turning around a 34 ft trailer) but there was no one there to help her. Another camper showed us the site. The site was very small. We fit into it but we were butted right up to our neighbors awning. Because it was October we weren't eating outside anyway. It was a good thing because there wasn't really any room to do that. The site was near the road and you could hear cars/trucks passing all night long. The roads in the campground were poorly marked and needed repairs. On a scale from one to 10 I'd give this a 5. Not completely terrible but I'd fine another place to stay if you can.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe
Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
#3 of 3 in Lehighton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Jim Thorpe Camping Resort? Share your experiences!