“4th time staying here and we'll be back next year!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
Jim Thorpe Camping Resort
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
“4th time staying here and we'll be back next year!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is our 4th time staying in a cabin at the Jim Thorpe Camping Resort and we’ve had a great time every single time. (This place is always full, so there must be a lot of people that enjoy camping here and it’s not like what the bad reviews state)
The 1st 3 times it was my husband, myself, and my dog and this last time we also had our 8 month old baby with us. We were looking to go camping in a cabin at a place that allows pets (it is harder to find than you think) and that is how we found Jim Thorpe Camping Resort. Every single time the cabins have been clean and I’ve also been very impressed with the bathroom/shower facilities and how clean they were. (we’ve been camping other places and a clean bathrooms is something you don’t find too often) They also put in a building with individual showers/toilets/sinks (I think last year) which is nice to have some privacy. The bathrooms are very close to all the cabins, so no long walks just to use the restroom. Each cabin that you stay at has their own fire ring and picnic table, which is also something you don’t see everywhere. We didn’t go over to the playground because my son is still little, but thru the trees I could see kids playing and having a good time. I’m sure we will spend a lot of time over there next year. Whenever we’ve forgotten something the camp store always seems to have it and the prices are not bad at all. We’ve never had a problem with noise, we usually hook my husband’s iphone up to speakers and have them playing at a decent level that we can enjoy the music, but not too loud to disturb our neighbors (it’s called courtesy). We were never told that they were too loud.
As far as the owner goes- we’ve never had a problem with him. You see him driving around each day making sure everything is ok. I personally appreciate this. This is a family camp site and drunk people can sometimes get out of hand. We stayed over Sunday night this year (it empties out Sunday afternoon) and the owner stopped and asked if we were doing ok and if we needed anything before he was leaving for the night. I’ve never been camping where anyone has done that before. I thought that was very nice of him.
We also love how close it is to Mauch Chunk lake. We take our black lab over there and she loves to go swimming in the lake. It is very beautiful and peaceful. We can’t wait till we come back next year!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
bucks county
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My family and I camped here for Memorial weekend here and had a really nice time. There were activities for the kids like hayrides and fishing at the creek that runs next to the campground or riding our bikes down the path to Munch Chunk Lake. There was even something for the adults; wine taste testing from the local winery, there was even live music on one of the nights. This is a very family friendly campground, clean and woodsy. I don’t know why there was a remark about the owner being “crazy” everyone was nice and helpful. Let’s face it we all want to have fun when we go camping, and in my many camping excursions though out my life at different camp grounds, I have witnessed that there are a few that are having fun tend to have too much fun and get out of hand and forget that there is a time for quiet and respect for the other campers; those that have been warned seem to always write a bad review feeling that this happens all the time so the review puts a negative outlook on the campground or it’s a way to “get back” at being reprimanded. But what we really need to do is to spend the time writing some more good reviews about a fun experience and not so many bad because of just one incident that was self inflicted.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank loves-to-camp35
Alpha, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The owner and the park are my only 2 complaints. First, the owner. HE IS CRAZY!!! He came by our campground at 6am in the morning and yelled at us screaming YOU CRAZY PEOPLE STOP BEING SO LOUD EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU!!! BE MORE QUIET OR I'M KICKING YOU OUT AND CALLING THE POLICE!!! The campground next to us was hooting and whooping while we were sleeping just fine. Now the park. Me and my friends went down to the park the first day we got there. There is 3 tires piled up on each other with sticks in between to separate them. a wooden truck that my brother fell off of. And a disgusting dirty sandbox. They call that fun. Other than that it was fun.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Coolcamper653
Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed there with a group of about 20 for a weekend of paintball and rafting.Met the owner early on felt as if he was trying to intimidate us yelling about foul language had no clue what he was talking about there was 5 ppl there.So later everyone is there and he rolls down on his golf cart Dent head and his side kick Ned Flanders come down to our site at like 10 telling us our music was to loud we had small speakers hooked up to a I-pod I think they where confused they had never seen I-pod before I showed him it as loud as it gets he told me it was louder before and we had to leave I explained we had been drinking and half our party is sleeping we are not going anywhere in the meantime a few guys went on a beer run.Dent head the Owner closed the gate to the entrance well my friends opened it with no damage and drove in well this sent Ned and Dent over the edge he did speed drive by's with his golf cart .Finally the police came and Dent head and Ned accused us of breaking there gate so the police went with a friend of ours up to the gate Ned told the cop the gate would not open when he used the remote the cop asked for the remote gate worked fine we stayed the night packed up in the morning.I would like to go back for a couple hours to really F with them just for fun if I ever find myself in Jim thorpe Pa.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Kevin B

Travellers are raving about these Jim Thorpe hotels

Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We rented 3 cabins recently and had a wonderful time. I was concerned reading the earlier reviews... But the experience was really good.

Site was clean with access to a nice trail. Bathrooms/showers were well maintained. Cabins were clean and very comfortable. Store did not charge crazy prices for coal, wood, bread, milk, etc... very reasonable and sometimes cheaper than prices I pay in NJ.

Definitely visit again and will stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank VSfromNJ
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I have been visiting the Jim Thorpe area since the early 1980's. During the course of this time my family and I have stayed in the hotels, campgrounds and B&B's. We visit all 4 seasons and have many wonderful memories. The best memories are our visits to the Town and our many stays at Jim Thorpe Campground. I have recomended Jim Thorpe Campground to dozens of friends and relatives most of wich have returned because of the pleasant experience they had.

Over the past 30+ years I have watched any and all that behave with disrespect to their neighbors, private property, and the enviorment told to leave the area by both establishment owners and local authorities. The reason we go to Jim Thorpe and the Jim Thorpe Campground is to have fun fishing, hiking and of course the rafting.

During the past 3-4 years there is only one campground I was unable to get a reservation to visit and this was because Jim Thorpe Campgroung was booked and it was booked because it is a great place to visit where family and friends have a great time and bums and wanna be thugs are not allowed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank gjarnoldjr
Bucks County, PA
Reviewed 28 September 2011

If you want to hang out in what seems like a refugee camp (meaning crowded), then come here. We stayed here for a fun weekend, and thought twice about our choice of establishments to employ for a night's stay. The town of Jim Thorpe is nice even though I despise tourists from growing up in the area, because a good majority of them are rude. You can hear the music blasting from the road while driving past this place at 45 mph.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank hypo_theories
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
#3 of 3 in Lehighton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Jim Thorpe Camping Resort? Share your experiences!