Jim Thorpe Camping Resort
Mahoning Inn(Lehighton)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$189
US$173
Penn Terrace Motel(Beaver Meadows)
US$61
US$97
  • Pool
US$175
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This place should get ZERO stars. I feel bad for the employees that have to work their. The father and son which run the place need a lesson in being a human. The owner I want to say was extremely rude, racist, liar, and did not know how to treat the customers that pay him. The ONLY reason why I booked this place was because it was so close to the activities (White Water Rafting, Paintball etc). Never again. Please do yourself a favor and find a different spot. You might be thinking that other sites are 30-40 minutes away from the action. There is NO traffic in PA and it's a beautiful drive to take, so don't worry about that.

We were harassed by the owner maybe 2 hours after we got there. He insulted us and belittled us so much that I went to cancel the reservation immediately.
I found another sport 30 minutes from there (http://sandy_valley.webs.com/) and WOW what a difference. That I would recommend.

Please, please, please....if you want to have a good time, go somewhere else.

The only good person I found there was the girl at the front desk. What a sweetheart she was. So if you are reading this, Thank you and I'm sorry you have to deal with them as your boss.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
10  Thank Oscar G
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed at the campground this weekend and thought it was an average stay. My boyfriend and I arrived on Friday afternoon and check-in was a breeze, staff very friendly and knowledgable. Upon arrival at our assigned campsite (#50) some observations I had were that the camsites seemed to be a little smaller than I have experienced elsewhere, the sites were VERY rocky which made tent placement a little dificult. the grounds were close to our weekend activities which was nice and also just outside town if anyone wanted to go in and hit the cute shops or resturaunts. I also thought the grounds having their own stocked creek was a nice extra for those who want to fish. My BF was supposed to but did not get to it this trip so I can't comment on how the fish are biting but they do have a hatchery right on premises.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travlinchick
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The staff was wonderful, very accommodating. We were checked in on a Wednesday. so the place wasn't too crowded. It did start filling up on Friday. The people around us were nice. Cleanliness of the bathrooms was okay, not great, but we understand they were short on help. I don't know if I would go back, I wouldn't say no. I do want to try Mauch Chunk Lake State Park next time. A little tip we were given by a regular, they always request site # 16, 17, 18, or 19, they are usually quieter.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen N
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were just there this weekend and I do not have one nice thing to say about that place....First of all, besides being way too crowded because the sites are right next to each other with absolutely no privacy, we actually ended up leaving a few days early. While at the swimming pool, this woman decides to bring her dog in, and let it swim..After talking to another camper, we found out that this woman just so happens to be a friend of the owners family.. Most people left the pool because the dog looked disgustingly dirty. There is a quiet time at the campground, but that is only in effect for paying campers. The owners family and friends partied till late it the night making noise keeping other campers awake...how unfair is that....definitely will never go back there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else!!!!!!
Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Jezza B
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We arrived at the Resort Campground after 5pm so no one checked us in. There are plenty of signs to find your general camp site but the numbers are hard to figure. After setting up camp on this side then that side and leveling the spot we were situated for the next couple days. We had no problem with those around us. We were respectful not to walk through peoples sites and they were respectful of us. The older guys come by to get the trash and overall was a GREAT value for the money. Store: The camp store has ample supplies and treats at very reasonable prices. There are a couple washers and dryers and games for the kids. The People are really nice in the store. Bathrooms; Cleaned and well maintained. I'm always amazed at what slobs people are...I mean come on, if you pee on the seat wipe it and flush the paper or put it in the trash. That is not the job of the camp ground.Grounds: The trail that runs along the property is amazing as is the river. The hike to the lake is a pretty good 40 minutes. Some of the most scenic wooded spots we have seen. A beautiful spot to just get away...Pool: Small but clean, did the trick for my 8 year old Grandson...Closeness to activities: Awesome...You can be in town in under 10 minutes. So many things to see and do.

Room Tip: Bring a level for your camper some spots are real sloped. Tell the people on the phone what you are looking for...Wooded, in the sun, close to the pool....
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family