“Go every year and love it”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
Jim Thorpe Camping Resort
Laurel Springs, New Jersey
“Go every year and love it”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My family and friends have been holding our annual camping trip here for 8 years now. The owner and his son are a bit grumpy but it hardly impacts us. At this point we just expect it and go about our business. The location is perfect, the cabins are great, everything is so clean (including the showers!) and it's not expensive.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
NJ
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I've never camped before and my husband wanted me to try it out. We settled on a cabin, since recent knee surgery would have made a tent difficult. We had a great time. The campground was located a short drive from downtown and check-in/check-out was easy. We had no other experience with the staff. A man drove by both nights around 9-9:30pm in a golf cart, but if that is who checks on rowdy guests, they are checking way too early in the night. Our neighbors were hooting and hollering until around 2am when my husband had to ask them to quiet down. They obliged and it was fine, but we didn't get much sleep that first night. We took a long walk to Mauch Chunk Lake, which was worth it. Next time we will kayak there. I don't have much experience with this stuff, but the campsites/cabins seems very close together. We will most likely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mandarin2882
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This place should get ZERO stars. I feel bad for the employees that have to work their. The father and son which run the place need a lesson in being a human. The owner I want to say was extremely rude, racist, liar, and did not know how to treat the customers that pay him. The ONLY reason why I booked this place was because it was so close to the activities (White Water Rafting, Paintball etc). Never again. Please do yourself a favor and find a different spot. You might be thinking that other sites are 30-40 minutes away from the action. There is NO traffic in PA and it's a beautiful drive to take, so don't worry about that.

We were harassed by the owner maybe 2 hours after we got there. He insulted us and belittled us so much that I went to cancel the reservation immediately.
I found another sport 30 minutes from there (http://sandy_valley.webs.com/) and WOW what a difference. That I would recommend.

Please, please, please....if you want to have a good time, go somewhere else.

The only good person I found there was the girl at the front desk. What a sweetheart she was. So if you are reading this, Thank you and I'm sorry you have to deal with them as your boss.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
10 Thank Oscar G

Travellers are raving about these Jim Thorpe hotels

Middletown, NJ
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed at the campground this weekend and thought it was an average stay. My boyfriend and I arrived on Friday afternoon and check-in was a breeze, staff very friendly and knowledgable. Upon arrival at our assigned campsite (#50) some observations I had were that the camsites seemed to be a little smaller than I have experienced elsewhere, the sites were VERY rocky which made tent placement a little dificult. the grounds were close to our weekend activities which was nice and also just outside town if anyone wanted to go in and hit the cute shops or resturaunts. I also thought the grounds having their own stocked creek was a nice extra for those who want to fish. My BF was supposed to but did not get to it this trip so I can't comment on how the fish are biting but they do have a hatchery right on premises.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travlinchick
Prospect Park, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The staff was wonderful, very accommodating. We were checked in on a Wednesday. so the place wasn't too crowded. It did start filling up on Friday. The people around us were nice. Cleanliness of the bathrooms was okay, not great, but we understand they were short on help. I don't know if I would go back, I wouldn't say no. I do want to try Mauch Chunk Lake State Park next time. A little tip we were given by a regular, they always request site # 16, 17, 18, or 19, they are usually quieter.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eileen N
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were just there this weekend and I do not have one nice thing to say about that place....First of all, besides being way too crowded because the sites are right next to each other with absolutely no privacy, we actually ended up leaving a few days early. While at the swimming pool, this woman decides to bring her dog in, and let it swim..After talking to another camper, we found out that this woman just so happens to be a friend of the owners family.. Most people left the pool because the dog looked disgustingly dirty. There is a quiet time at the campground, but that is only in effect for paying campers. The owners family and friends partied till late it the night making noise keeping other campers awake...how unfair is that....definitely will never go back there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else!!!!!!
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Jezza B
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We arrived at the Resort Campground after 5pm so no one checked us in. There are plenty of signs to find your general camp site but the numbers are hard to figure. After setting up camp on this side then that side and leveling the spot we were situated for the next couple days. We had no problem with those around us. We were respectful not to walk through peoples sites and they were respectful of us. The older guys come by to get the trash and overall was a GREAT value for the money. Store: The camp store has ample supplies and treats at very reasonable prices. There are a couple washers and dryers and games for the kids. The People are really nice in the store. Bathrooms; Cleaned and well maintained. I'm always amazed at what slobs people are...I mean come on, if you pee on the seat wipe it and flush the paper or put it in the trash. That is not the job of the camp ground.Grounds: The trail that runs along the property is amazing as is the river. The hike to the lake is a pretty good 40 minutes. Some of the most scenic wooded spots we have seen. A beautiful spot to just get away...Pool: Small but clean, did the trick for my 8 year old Grandson...Closeness to activities: Awesome...You can be in town in under 10 minutes. So many things to see and do.

Room Tip: Bring a level for your camper some spots are real sloped. Tell the people on the phone what you are...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SuzeeQL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
#3 of 3 in Lehighton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Jim Thorpe Camping Resort? Share your experiences!