All reviewsyogurtbaked goodssconesbottle of wineoverlook roomcrumb cakemy husband and iwithin walking distancegrand suiteprivate breakfastserenity suitestocked refrigeratorelectric fireplaceroom was decorated beautifullydelicious homewonderful hostsa wonderful stay
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The Times house was amazing!! Chris and Diane are so great!! The antiques were beautiful and Diane's homemade scones, apple cake,yogurt and crumb cake are delicious!! It felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. The blackberry brandy on the main floor was a nice touch while we relaxed and tried to contribute to the puzzle:)We will definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2017

My husband surprised me to take me here for our anniversary. When I made the reservations I told Chris and Diane that my husband is not only vegan but eats a no-fat diet. I was concerned since reviews raved about Diane's baked goods and I imagined my husband watching me eat and not having any goodies that he could enjoy. I shouldn't have worried. When we arrived Chris greeted us, showed us around and showed us our room. We stayed in the serenity room that is aptly named. Waiting for us were some vegan (and fat free) oatmeal raison cookies for us to enjoy and set out for the next day was a baked good for me and one, diet appropriate for my husband! The room was incredibly comfortable and included a Jacuzzi that two people could easily share (it was our anniversary!), bath salts and any other amenities one could want. The bed was comfortable and the room over all lovely and comfortable. The sitting room downstairs was great when we came home from dinner and there was extra coffee there the next morning. All in all the only thing that disappointed me was that we only had time to spend one night! There is no doubt that when we get a chance we will return; I can see why there are only positive reviews; Chris and Diane are highly attentive to detail (oh, I forgot to mention that in the mini-fridge that not only had homemade yogurt, there was some almond milk based yogurt along with waters, juices and so on). The Times House is also perfectly located- step out the door and there are restaurants and bars with no need to get into your car. We had a perfect, if short, getaway and I simply can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We loved the Serenity Room- I don't believe there is a bad one.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

We have all (probably) stayed in these "Victorian" cottages that are a cross between antique store and rummage sale. The Times House could have gone there—it's an old brick townhouse built into the cliff above Jim Thorpe's main drag—but instead homeowner Chris painstakingly restored and renovated everything, and Diane (I assume) tastefully decorated with functional furniture and provided anything you might want for a 19-hour stay: (electric) fireplace; homemade yogurt, granola and scones; bathrobes; York patties.

(Yes, this place is worth all those semicolons and a run-on sentence.)

Everything you touch is solid. The view of downtown is entrancing. And when you step outside, you find yourself on a narrow, old-world street with a church at one end and an exceptional restaurant across the street (Moya).

The town was so cute we felt like we should walk around outside, explore the Lehigh Gorge and pop into little pubs and shops. But what we really really wanted to do was stay in. So we did, and we were perfectly happy.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Our stay at the Times House exceeded our expectations. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, the owners of the Inn, Chris and Diane, went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Chris carried our luggage to the inn on arrival and carried it back to the car when we left. The Inn had a very homey feel to it with a beautiful common room. Importantly, our room was exceptionally clean. Every day we came home to find freshly baked goods on our breakfast table in our room - a definite highlight of our stay. We also loved how quaint the town of Jim Thorpe was and would highly recommend the Times House to anyone thinking of staying in Jim Thorpe or anywhere near Blue Mountain!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline S
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Just got back from an unforgettable weekend at the charming and absolutely fabulous Times House in memorable Jim Thorpe, PA!
There aren't enough positive adjectives in the dictionary to describe my feelings about our experience!
It really felt as if we were transported to a quaint European mountain village and staying in a vintage but technologically modern Bed and Breakfast with all of the best amenities!
Right from the start with a friendly and informative phone call with Diane, to Chris helping us with our luggage and giving us tips for sightseeing and dining out, to the scrumptious homemade gourmet breakfasts in our suite/apartment everyday, to the very comfortable and wonderfully appointed lodging, to the great shops, shopkeepers and delicious restaurants...and so much more!!!
We will be back as soon as possible for more fun, festivities and fantastic memories!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple