All reviews yogurt baked goods scones bottle of wine overlook room crumb cake my husband and i within walking distance grand suite private breakfast serenity suite stocked refrigerator electric fireplace room was decorated beautifully wonderful hosts a wonderful stay bed and breakfast
Reviewed 7 March 2017

The Times House is a beautiful, historic home, and Diane and Chris are excellent hosts. We stayed in The Legacy Suite, and their attention to detail in providing room amenities was amazing. Sadly, we only stayed one night to attend a Lotus Land concert at Penns Peak but before we checked out, we were already planning our return trip to both The Times House and Jim Thorpe, PA. A few steps away from The Times Inn is the Stone Row Pub & Eatery where we had an excellent dinner.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 19 February 2017

If a large comfortable bed, a deep soaking jetted tub, cozy electronic fireplace, lovely views and great baked goods sound good to you, then The Times House is for you. We could not have been happier with our stay in the Legacy Suite.
Beautifully furnished suite. Spotlessly clean and no detail is overlooked.
Diane and Chris are such wonderful hosts. Diane's culinary creations are so wonderful and she accommodates any dietary restrictions.
The public spaces are inviting and beautifully furnished.
Race Street is quaint and the location of The Times House makes exploring Jim Thorpe so easy. Park the car and walk everywhere.
We liked the idea of having breakfast available in our room to have at our convenience (in our provided bathrobes!)
Our first visit to this gem of a town will not be our last.
When we return, it will be to the The Times House.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The Times house was amazing!! Chris and Diane are so great!! The antiques were beautiful and Diane's homemade scones, apple cake,yogurt and crumb cake are delicious!! It felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. The blackberry brandy on the main floor was a nice touch while we relaxed and tried to contribute to the puzzle:)We will definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2017

My husband surprised me to take me here for our anniversary. When I made the reservations I told Chris and Diane that my husband is not only vegan but eats a no-fat diet. I was concerned since reviews raved about Diane's baked goods and I imagined my husband watching me eat and not having any goodies that he could enjoy. I shouldn't have worried. When we arrived Chris greeted us, showed us around and showed us our room. We stayed in the serenity room that is aptly named. Waiting for us were some vegan (and fat free) oatmeal raison cookies for us to enjoy and set out for the next day was a baked good for me and one, diet appropriate for my husband! The room was incredibly comfortable and included a Jacuzzi that two people could easily share (it was our anniversary!), bath salts and any other amenities one could want. The bed was comfortable and the room over all lovely and comfortable. The sitting room downstairs was great when we came home from dinner and there was extra coffee there the next morning. All in all the only thing that disappointed me was that we only had time to spend one night! There is no doubt that when we get a chance we will return; I can see why there are only positive reviews; Chris and Diane are highly attentive to detail (oh, I forgot to mention that in the mini-fridge that not only had homemade yogurt, there was some almond milk based yogurt along with waters, juices and so on). The Times House is also perfectly located- step out the door and there are restaurants and bars with no need to get into your car. We had a perfect, if short, getaway and I simply can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We loved the Serenity Room- I don't believe there is a bad one.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

We have all (probably) stayed in these "Victorian" cottages that are a cross between antique store and rummage sale. The Times House could have gone there—it's an old brick townhouse built into the cliff above Jim Thorpe's main drag—but instead homeowner Chris painstakingly restored and renovated everything, and Diane (I assume) tastefully decorated with functional furniture and provided anything you might want for a 19-hour stay: (electric) fireplace; homemade yogurt, granola and scones; bathrobes; York patties.

(Yes, this place is worth all those semicolons and a run-on sentence.)

Everything you touch is solid. The view of downtown is entrancing. And when you step outside, you find yourself on a narrow, old-world street with a church at one end and an exceptional restaurant across the street (Moya).

The town was so cute we felt like we should walk around outside, explore the Lehigh Gorge and pop into little pubs and shops. But what we really really wanted to do was stay in. So we did, and we were perfectly happy.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple