“good food, service and value!”

Molly Maguires Pub & Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My family of 7 had dinner here. We all ordered from the sandwich menu. The menu had lots of choices. All of our food was very good. Our servers were also very friendly and helpful. The building itself was very atmospheric. Sadly, 1/2 way through our meal a large table was seated beside us with 7 very, very excited and loud children. At that point we were trying to rush through our meal because of the noise. We realize that the restaurant had no control of this.

Our food was so reasonably priced. The only negative was the cost of 1 draft beer! Next time we will wait until we are home to have a beer.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The beer selection has a good variety. They even have oranges for my Blue Moon! The appetizers are mostly fried but the seafood dip is marvelous!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

If you are looking for a reasonably priced meal in a friendly environment this is the place. This was our waitress's' first night so there were some hiccups...... But I think we would give it another chance. We were seated in the dining room but it seemed that the fun was located on their back deck. A good place to have a brew and a burger.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This has really become our favorite place to eat in Jim Thorpe. The peel & eat shrimp are one of the highlights. They're messy, but so good! The ranch dressing is also tasty. They really have something for everyone - salads, soups, burgers. I'd like to see a smaller steak on the menu. Like most places, the portions are a bit excessive. We always bring something home.

The atmosphere is nice, too. You can sit at the bar with the locals or in booths by the bar, or there's a cozy little dining room in the back that's quieter. I found this to be a good place to get some work done over lunch. If the weather's nice the outdoor deck is an option, though I've found that people with screaming and/or misbehaving children seem to gravitate toward it.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Molly's has An awesome huge Prime Rib Sandwich with hot au jus if your ever in Jim Thorpe PA for a day then this the place to go very clean place often it gets very crowed so if your not in a rush then go here they have a full bar with great local beer on tap and in bottles fast service you can eat inside or they have this amazing deck outside with a huge cover roof and don't awesome huge shrimp cocktail they have and there famous homemade Sheppard's Pie but I must say all there food Mollys make this rocks my taste buds I must dine for all while or near Jim Thorpe PA !!!