“Just OK this time”

Bear Appetit Cafe
Ranked #28 of 39 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Nice waitress, food was OK. I took a sandwich to go for the way back to Long island and was shocked when I was charged 9.50. That is about 3.00 more then a deli on Long Island and 2/3's the size. Asked for smoked turkey and got regular turkey which has way more salt.

1  Thank KaLovesToTravel49

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Well we were there on Saturday the 12th of October...Granted they were busy, when asked how long for a table of 6, I was told about 20 minutes,& to leave my # and they would call when the table would be ready...So we are walking around taking in the sights of the town, an hour later I call the restaurant to check on my reservation, got a little run around, but was told they would check on the reservation & call me back...Another 20 minutes later I, with my party, decided to go to the restaurant. When I walked in the hostess said that she still has no table ready...I looked and saw two empty tables, so I said all you have to do is wipe them and put them together...I got a look but she did put the tables together & cleaned them & we finally sat down...The waitress came & took our orders. The food got to us rather quickly but the burgers were over cooked, my wife's crab cake sandwich was dry & the buffalo wraps were cold...STAY AWAY...SAVE YOUR MONEY...Go to Subway...... Or somewhere else...I mean if you cannot handle a simple reservation of a party for 6, all you had to tell me sorry we cannot do this at this time.......

1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was expectibng really touristy places and prices in JT but the lady at the really neat INDEPENDENT record store said to try Bear Appetit. I was glad. The pork and roast beef sub (home roasted meats) was enough for two people and the portion of fries (Sweet potato - hand cut) was monsterous. Lots of choices, great service and CLEAN rest rooms. Seriously if this was in my town, I'd eat there daily!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Having been to Jim Thorpe countless times in the last 25 years, we were pleased to see another great place to eat open up. We had lunch there not long ago, Great food

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Sunday morning, 10:30am and six hungry people had the most Kafka-esque experience! After a considerable wait, our drinks came...one at a time. Then...some toast arrived. After that, an order of bacon arrived. Then, two eggs arrived...a bowl of gravy came...the hour we were there, we all got fed, one at a time. The food was marginal. Bear-ly worth the time or money.

1  Thank telemarkJane