“Maybe stick to coffee? Or just eat at home.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Scranton, PA
“Maybe stick to coffee? Or just eat at home.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We looked at the menu at lunch time & the place seemed pretty busy, so we looked at their hours & thought let's try someplace new for dinner. Well, the bottom line is - they probably shouldn't even serve dinner. If they have happy people coming for lunch they should really stick to that.

There were 3 tables including us. There was a blaring TV. The service was terrible and slow. The decor - 2 deli counters, exposed ventilation ducts and strong smells of sawdust.

Then there's the food - filet mignon that had no taste whatsoever, steak fries again, no taste. We ended up finding a bottle of A-1 and jar of ketchup on another table across the room while waitress was missing, but my meal was simply condiments.

My husband had shrimp scampi. It was VERY garlicy, which we're fine with. But based on what happened later I'm going to guess that the shrimp weren't fresh because I really thought I was going to be taking him to the ER.

Suffice it to say - we won't be back!

1 Thank amethyst1875

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“When we choose to eat in downtown JT, we choose Bear Appetit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you are looking for a nice casual meal (soups, salads, sandwiches, etc) at a very decent price, this is the place to go. I had the grilled vegetable panini- it was very fresh and tasty. The owners/staff are very friendly and down to earth. I highly recommend it!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Scouter26
New Haven, Connecticut
“Beary good cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

convenient cafe with pleasing menu options. I had tuna melt and sweet potato fries, she had cheeseburger with onions and mushrooms. tasty and filling portions.

Visited April 2014
CHESWICK
“Great food good price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Had lunch here today. My husband and I both had the pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries. We were not disappointed . The food was hot and plentiful . The servicer was very attentive. I would certainly eat her again. With so many upscale places in town this was a welcome relief .

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Collegville
“Good Food at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Whenever we come to Jim Thorpe we have our lunches at Bear Appetit. Food is consistently good as is the service. Kathy and Carly were attentive and fun. They will also accommodate special needs. Good Job!

• 4 of 5 bubbles