Hill Home Forge
Mahoning Inn(Lehighton)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$189
US$173
Penn Terrace Motel(Beaver Meadows)
US$61
US$119
US$97
  • Pool
US$175
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsstuffed french toastwoodland suitestained glassclose to townmobile homeevery cornerwhole thingdowntown jim thorpegracious hostsbed and breakfastoff the beaten pathmemorable experiencethoroughly enjoyed our staymy husband and iminute driveplace to stayget away
Reviewed 11 August 2008

There is finally a secluded and romantic place for couples north of the Caribbean! This wonderful B&B is the best possible place to stay in Jim Thorpe and possibly in all of Pennsylvania. From the moment we pulled into the driveway, we knew we had made the right choice.

I was compelled to stay here after reading the descriptions that Nic and Eileen had on their website. They are both incredible artists that truly love what they do and you can tell by all of the special touches you are surrounded by throughout your stay. The serene colors and natural surroundings are so utterly relaxing that for the first time, in a very long time, my husband and I were happier to stay in and relax on the porch rather than spend all of our time falling into tourist traps.

Don't get me wrong, this is the ultimate stay for people who love the outdoors. They are steps from amazing mountain biking trails, hiking, swimming, shopping, restaurants, historic sightseeing and some of the best white water rafting. They even have free internet service and a computer hooked up 24/7 so that you can search for anything from directions to dinner options.

The room was not only beautiful, but this place was spotless from beginning to end. Even the bathroom looked as if I was their first customer and I am rather picky about stale smells and cleanliness.

The breakfast was excellent and also topped all other meals during the trip. Each morning you were presented with fresh, organic veggies and fruit, apple stuffed french toast, fresh squeezed juices and coffee. What more could you really ask for?

Overall, the best part was meeting and talking with the owners. They were never aggressive or annoying and were really a treat to be around. They are both artists and incredibly creative. You can tour their studios and workshops and even make stained glass with them! They are so nice and always willing to do anything to make your stay as great as ours. And since they have been in the area for so long, they know the ins and outs of everything in the area. I can't wait to go back.

I highly recommend this B&B to all singles and couples. Whether you want to go out and have a great adventure by day and a big comfy sleep by night, or if you just want to read and relax on a beautiful porch while you listen to a thunderstorm, Hill Home Forge is the place you have been searching for.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank maryo_420
Reviewed 12 November 2006

While making travel arrangements for a weekend in Jim Thorpe, my husband and I decided to take a chance and stay at Hill Home Forge, a B&B that we couldn't find a review for anywhere on the Web. However, we were enticed by the beautiful scenery in the photos we saw on their Web site, as well as the comfortable-looking rooms. We were also intrigued by the fact that Hill Home Forge is owned and operated by artists, and it appeared that their art was incorporated throughout the facility. To be honest, the fact that the owners were artists scared me just a little bit, too. In the past, we'd had "artistic" landlords who could never seem to find the motivation to fix anything, clean their house or mow the lawn.

I am so happy to say that my fears were totally unfounded. Nic and Eileen East (the owners) run a first-rate B&B that is not only spotless, it's immaculate. Tasteful and interesting artwork is incorporated in both expected and unexpected places throughout the guest rooms and common areas. One of the nicest features is the extensive use of stained glass.

We stayed in the King Suite, which has an absolutely awesome king-sized bed and a great view of the woods from the balcony.

A very attractive feature of Hill Home Forge is it's location, an easy 10-minute drive outside of town. It's set back in the woods on an extremely quiet road, and also has easy access to hiking trails. The location is absolutely beautiful and very, very quiet. (I suspect it could get rather loud in town, considering that when we were walking around there was a lot of traffic, including several loud motorcycles.)

Let's talk about food, shall we? We placed our breakfast orders the night before. The choices were waffles, apple-stuffed French toast, eggs made-to-order or several different omelette selections. The side items included fruit, breakfast meats, toast, OJ, coffee, tea, etc. Everything was homemade and delicious. The breakfast room is sunny and bright. The huge windows overlook the woods and mountain behind the property.

Nic and Eileen are so personable that we truly felt like we were staying at a friend's home. (But don't worry, they aren't intrusive in the least.) After breakfast, we were treated to a tour of the building, including their art studios.

That reminds me: You can also take different art classes right on-site in things like jewelry-making or stained glass. One couple who was there during our stay was working on stained-glass sun catchers.

I also want to mention the restaurant that Nic recommended to us, Macaluso's at the Lantern Inn. It's about a 10-minute drive outside of town. It's slightly upscale, but comfortable and not pretentious. The food was absolutely fantastic. I had the rosemary lambchops (one of the specials) and it was so good I think I actually moaned several times while eating.

If you want more info on Hill Home Forge, check out the Web site or call Nic and Eileen. I'm sure they'd be happy to answer any questions. As for us, we're already thinking about our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank patteetrish