“Way, way overpriced”
Review of Broadway House

Broadway House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
Broadway House
Ranked #12 of 17 Jim Thorpe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2008

First, if you are there on or near a weekend, you may be parking a quarter of a mile away, if you are lucky. The Broadway House has a garage but with not nearly enough spaces, and, anyone who has been to Jim Thorpe when it is busy, knows that there is no parking. The next nearest lot for The Inn At Jim Thorpe is a ways down the road. And, even if there is an open space in the garage it is so cramped it is difficult to manuever a car around in there.

What I also found very disappointing is that some of the rooms (mine) at the Broadway House, are NOT in the Broadway House! They are above the garage and a store. That doesn't make the rooms bad, it just seems to me to be a misrepresentation. The house itself is also just crammed into the hillside in between other buildings. It is not the cozy out of the way place it is advertised as being.

I had the most expensive room and it was just okay. Had I spent half as much I would have said it is nice but being that price I would expect a much nicer room.

The people there were nice and friendly. I've stayed at the Broadway House and at the Inn At Jim Thorpe, and I will not stay at either again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank rhoades221

Reviewed 3 July 2008

We decided to stay at the Broadway House because my husband did not want the cluttered feel of a B&B, but I wanted to stay in downtown Jim Thorpe. We were put off by the "coziness" of the photos of the "Inn at Jim Thorpe", and thought the rooms at Broadway House seemed much more expansive and relaxing. In reality, the rooms seem VERY similar! (we visited rooms at the Inn to scope for future visits). Both had similar decor, with hotel-style carpets and bedding within a historic house type setting. Neither had excessive knick-knacks or "antique" mattresses.

We stayed in a room with a jacuzzi and a fireplace. The amenities were a TV with a DVD player, a CD clock radio, a mini-fridge and microwave, and a sparkling clean bathroom and jacuzzi tub. Personally, I would have layed out the room differently - it seemed a little crowded, and we didn't have anywhere to put stuff down (the room really needs a table instead of an easy chair!) .

The common areas were very pleasant - two indoor spaces, one for eating and one for reading; and several levels of outdoor "decks" with a cozy bench or couple of chairs. The furniture was mostly wicker, which doesn't make for an incredibly comfortable seat, but is nice looking.

We thought we were the only guests in the hotel - it was so quiet, and we never saw another soul. At checkout, we were surprised to hear there were several other rooms that were filled.

When I left the "privacy please" sign on the door all day (on purpose), the housekeeping staff left a large tray of fresh towels, coffee supplies, and bathroom refills by the door - that was a nice touch.

I do wish that they had a continental breakfast bar set up in the "eating area" for coffee and pastries in the morning since hardly anything was open on a weekday before 10am in town. However, the coffee maker in the room helped to make up for it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank oneinthebag
Reviewed 30 March 2007

I was looking forward to my two night stay at the Broadway House in Jim Thorpe, PA. I was disappointed. Our room was next to the sitting room where each morning very early a crowd would gather and talk loudly even though we had quiet please sign on door. The bed was stiff and uncomfortable. There was no tub only shower. The towels smelled like mildew as if someone washed them and let them sit a long time in the washing machine before placing them in the drier. The decor of the room was 1980's and felt very grandmotherly. The dark pink shag carpet turned my white socks brown just from walking on it the short time I was there. There are no phones in the room we stayed in. The check in was not convenient, guests must check in blocks down the street at the Inn of Jim Thorpe.
I was treated very well at the desk and apples provided was a nice touch. The cleaning lady was also very personabe and friendly.
Two nice things about this place: outdoor hotub with view and castle ruins/hill hike behind the B&B.
I will not be returning though. Next time I will try another B&B in the beautiful town of Jim Thorpe, one that has better reviews.
This room was overpriced in my opinion, certainly not worth what I paid.

2  Thank alexandria