“Very Disappointed”
Review of Broadway House

Broadway House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jim Thorpe
Broadway House
Ranked #15 of 19 Jim Thorpe B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We had never been to Jim Thorpe, but were going to a concert at Penns Peak and decided to stay overnight at the Broadway House. We only saw our room, halls and common area rooms, but felt the place needed redecorating. Our bedroom was dreary and small, not very romantic. The entire place had the smell of air freshner or a candle scent. The parking was REALLY tight in the parking lot. Someone parked next to us at the end where there wasn't a lined spot. The car blocked another car parked in another area. I would not stay there again. Perhaps their mother hotel Inn of Jim Thorpe is better.
The discounted breakfast was wonderful at their restaurant.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bloomfield
Reviewed 18 August 2010

The rooms were nice, but the outdoor area was incredible. The outdoor hot tub was large and the three levels of seating were beautiful. My husband and I went with another couple and really loved the Broadway house and the free breakfast that you got at the Jim Thorpe Inn. It would have been even more fun if we came with a lot of friends. I would not recommend this for quiet people because I would assume people come and party in the outdoor areas. We loved it and want to come back a few times a year.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We stayed here 2 nights last weekend and found all very nice. The converted house is large with 2 big sitting rooms and a spacious backyard which also contains a hot tub (which needed some more water in it but otherwise worked fine). It is located a short walk to the center of town and being a little off the beaten trail is quiet. In response to other posters the walls and floors are thin but I felt that the other occupants there knew that and were considerate of not making too much noise. We paid 109.00 for the room per night and paid more than that for less comfort. But I did think the oeverall value should have been in the 80.00 range.
There is very tight parking in the garage which is conveniently connected to the house. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 13 October 2009

The rooms had paper thin walls, doors and floors. We heard every whisper in the hallway and tiptoe above us. The construction, furnishings and bathrooms were cheap and flimsy - nothing wooden and olden like the outdoor photo would suggest. The reception is a few blocks away, and when i tried calling I was put on hold for over 10 minutes. This place would only be worth the money if they charged motel prices.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nycirt

Travellers are raving about these Jim Thorpe hotels

Baltimore
Reviewed 9 July 2008

First, if you are there on or near a weekend, you may be parking a quarter of a mile away, if you are lucky. The Broadway House has a garage but with not nearly enough spaces, and, anyone who has been to Jim Thorpe when it is busy, knows that there is no parking. The next nearest lot for The Inn At Jim Thorpe is a ways down the road. And, even if there is an open space in the garage it is so cramped it is difficult to manuever a car around in there.

What I also found very disappointing is that some of the rooms (mine) at the Broadway House, are NOT in the Broadway House! They are above the garage and a store. That doesn't make the rooms bad, it just seems to me to be a misrepresentation. The house itself is also just crammed into the hillside in between other buildings. It is not the cozy out of the way place it is advertised as being.

I had the most expensive room and it was just okay. Had I spent half as much I would have said it is nice but being that price I would expect a much nicer room.

The people there were nice and friendly. I've stayed at the Broadway House and at the Inn At Jim Thorpe, and I will not stay at either again.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank rhoades221
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 3 July 2008

We decided to stay at the Broadway House because my husband did not want the cluttered feel of a B&B, but I wanted to stay in downtown Jim Thorpe. We were put off by the "coziness" of the photos of the "Inn at Jim Thorpe", and thought the rooms at Broadway House seemed much more expansive and relaxing. In reality, the rooms seem VERY similar! (we visited rooms at the Inn to scope for future visits). Both had similar decor, with hotel-style carpets and bedding within a historic house type setting. Neither had excessive knick-knacks or "antique" mattresses.

We stayed in a room with a jacuzzi and a fireplace. The amenities were a TV with a DVD player, a CD clock radio, a mini-fridge and microwave, and a sparkling clean bathroom and jacuzzi tub. Personally, I would have layed out the room differently - it seemed a little crowded, and we didn't have anywhere to put stuff down (the room really needs a table instead of an easy chair!) .

The common areas were very pleasant - two indoor spaces, one for eating and one for reading; and several levels of outdoor "decks" with a cozy bench or couple of chairs. The furniture was mostly wicker, which doesn't make for an incredibly comfortable seat, but is nice looking.

We thought we were the only guests in the hotel - it was so quiet, and we never saw another soul. At checkout, we were surprised to hear there were several other rooms that were filled.

When I left the "privacy please" sign on the door all day (on purpose), the housekeeping staff left a large tray of fresh towels, coffee supplies, and bathroom refills by the door - that was a nice touch.

I do wish that they had a continental breakfast bar set up in the "eating area" for coffee and pastries in the morning since hardly anything was open on a weekday before 10am in town. However, the coffee maker in the room helped to make up for it.

• Liked — Cleanliness, location, parking, in-room amenities
  • Disliked — Room layout, price, no breakfast included
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank oneinthebag
earth
Reviewed 30 March 2007

I was looking forward to my two night stay at the Broadway House in Jim Thorpe, PA. I was disappointed. Our room was next to the sitting room where each morning very early a crowd would gather and talk loudly even though we had quiet please sign on door. The bed was stiff and uncomfortable. There was no tub only shower. The towels smelled like mildew as if someone washed them and let them sit a long time in the washing machine before placing them in the drier. The decor of the room was 1980's and felt very grandmotherly. The dark pink shag carpet turned my white socks brown just from walking on it the short time I was there. There are no phones in the room we stayed in. The check in was not convenient, guests must check in blocks down the street at the Inn of Jim Thorpe.
I was treated very well at the desk and apples provided was a nice touch. The cleaning lady was also very personabe and friendly.
Two nice things about this place: outdoor hotub with view and castle ruins/hill hike behind the B&B.
I will not be returning though. Next time I will try another B&B in the beautiful town of Jim Thorpe, one that has better reviews.
This room was overpriced in my opinion, certainly not worth what I paid.

2 Thank alexandria
Mahoning Inn
Mahoning Inn
#3 of 3 in Lehighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Harry Packer Mansion Inn
Harry Packer Mansion Inn
#3 of 19 in Jim Thorpe
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

Been to Broadway House? Share your experiences!